Makita LS 1013 and damp wood

I bought this Makita LS 1013 compound chop box and love it ton's, has done everything so far without a hitch till now...just a quick question. I bought some 1x4x10' wood to finish up the storage area above my garage (it took 35 pieces total) any way when I was loading the wood up some of it felt damp, not soaking wet but damp, so I didn't give it another thought but when I was crosscutting it (I do go slow but not too slow or too fast) I notice the blade wanted to bind up about half way thru the cut (scared me alot) so I switched back to my Ryobe to finish the job and had no problems , was it because the wood was damp or the combination of sliding cutting on damp wood the problem?? I won't be cutting damp wood again on that saw........................TIA
Tina

bought
35
damp,
was
wood
Damp at the beginning of the cut, that's for sure. Friction of the blade heats it up, expands the torn fibers, grips the blade, causing more friction ....
Turners know the importance of keeping a wide kerf and few teeth as they bandsaw their uncured blanks.

done
friction
sense.............thanks again... Tina
If I were to guess, It would be the blade-- If you have a thin kerf blade in the sliding saw, it would tend to bind more in wet wood than dry- try switching blades in saws & see if it makes a difference. BTW, was the wood treated by chance? - it's almost always wet. I think they continue to soak it in transit so it will spit at you when you use it LOL. Phil Tina wrote:

done
bought
took 35

damp,