Makita drill on Amazon

Page 3 of 3
On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 19:41:45 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

I don't care what you say. I'm just trying to let your fragile ego know that you come off looking much less smart than you really are.
On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 17:23:10 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@nothing.com wrote:

Then why don't you simply ignore me? Are you that weak? (Yes, I know the answer).

I really, really, couldn't care less what you (more than anyone here) have to say.
On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 17:36:52 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

But, you keep replying to me. Is that what this is, to see who will have the last word? As I said, "you've got a fragile ego". Ok, I'll let you win. You can post the next reply and I won't respond. Will that let you survive with some of your self worth instact?

You're quite wrong, too.

Passive-aggressive asshole.

Perhaps you would think that. If I were worried about my "fragile ego" I'd wander around like the eunuch the leftists want. Sorry.
Dave wrote:

My God this thread has turned to this? I beginning to wonder why I come here. It seems this newsgroup is filled with crotchety old farts that have nothing better to do then express their failures in life on others. Reminds me of that movie Grumpy Old Men. Get over yourselves!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

The only group worse, in that regard, is the HVAC group.

There's an HVAC group?? Like rec.hvac or what?

I see four groups, alt.hvac.design, alt.hvac.pro-series.moderated, alt.trades.hvac, and alt.hvac. I was specifically talking about alt.hvac.
Just Wondering wrote the following:

Then there are two other things that have to be considered. 1. Frequency of use. The hobbyist, or homeowner, may use the tool for one job, and then not use it again for months or even years. The professional may use it every day. 2. The professional can claim the tool as a business expense The homeowner can't.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I'm a hobbyist. I could afford to buy a Festool Ro90. Now I have 2 ROSs you can have if you come and pick them up. Just go down the thruway, take 287 south, then 208 south. More directions upon reply, if necessary. <grin>.
--
Best regards
Han

LOL ... After buying my first Festool sander I immediately gave my Bosch ROS to my favorite sub .... no way I'm ever using another sander, willingly. :)
You indeed followed the old wRec axiom regarding tool purchases, which seems to have been lost since the advent of 'Chinese cheap' ... Paraphrased as buy the absolute best you can afford and only cry once.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Yeah, well, /now/ I wish I hadn't laid out the money for those little sanders.
--
Best regards
Han
On 6/3/2011 10:39 AM, Swingman wrote:

Aaaah yes Grasshopper
On 6/1/2011 11:48 AM, Just Wondering wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened) &pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YBT04QFC6RJ2WXF8C1A

AND if you find that this grade suites you, for $70 more you can get the above PLUS an impact driver, flash light, and an extra battery.

If you want it right this minute, the LCT200W (2 tools, no flashlight) is available at Home Depot for $214.
The LCT300W (3 tools) above is a great kit, and the flashlight is worth the extra $5.
Puckdropper
On 01 Jun 2011 22:10:32 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

If you don't need the really gutsy batteries (the 3.0Ah LXTs), that's probably not a bad deal. If you do, go with this Makita combo: http://goo.gl/2WPVG (crap, I paid that much for my kit w/o the drill, damnit)
-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

I think that's the kit (LXT211) HD had next to the LCT200W. It's $9 more at HD than Amazon, but the advantage is of course you can have it in 2 hours rather than 2 days.
I felt that the bigger batteries knocked the balance off to the battery side, so the tool didn't feel as good as the one with the 1.5 Ah batteries.
It does depend on what you're doing, but if you've got 3 1.5 Ah batteries you can keep one charging while still using both drill and impact. The batteries are ready to go in as little as 20 minutes (but I like to leave them on until the fan on the charger shuts off, about an hour or so.)
Any of the Makita sets mentioned here are probably going to be good choices. It just depends on what you like and what you need.
Puckdropper
On 02 Jun 2011 04:21:08 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

When I switched to get a lighter tool with longer battery life (my Bosch Impactor is a 14.4v) I found it less than a pound lighter. A test with the two side by side, I found them very close in performance. Battery life was only slightly better on the lithiums, but they charge twice as quickly, 15 mins vs 30 mins. I love them both.
FS: Bosch 14.4v Impactor, 2 batteries, charger, hard case, $150 delivered. 3 years use, still going strong. (new: $420 retail)
-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.
Sears is selling the C3 Drill and trim Saw combo for $79.99 with compact lithium C3 battery and multi-charger. #9 25776
I have C3 tools and bought it to upgrade my charger and battery. I was able to sell the last package I bought (thanks to Craiagslist) - replacing the battery ad charger with my old ones and got back enough to bring my net cost of the new C3 battery and new Multi-charger down to about 40 dollars.
Considering the list on the Lithium Battery is $79.99 and the charge has to be worth twenty-nine or more, I came out AOK.