Makita built in batteries for 7.2V cordless drills.

Makita made some of the best very small cordless drills, very handy, very compact. Don't throw those drills away for the want of a battery or plug in transformer type charger, they are great for small jobs around the house. The solder in & the two lead wire 7.2V battery types are up for bids on eBay I also have the harder to find 4.8V batteries in both types & the chargers for the same models.
--
Jon Down
J.D.Power tool

Split the case, and buy some new batteries, and make a new pack. Cheaper. Easy. Put it back together with J B Weld.
--
Jim in NC

The models I'm referring to have the batteries installed in the handles of the drills & require none of those drastic tactics......for less than $20 it wouldn't be worth the time or effort doing what you say even if it was possible.
Jon~