Makita BO6040

Has anyone purchased and used this tool?
I'm in the market for a hog of a ROS. It's primary use will be to sand the edges of hardwood floors. Currently I use a DeWalt and PC hand ROS. Both are around 2.4 Amps.
This Makita is about 6.6 Amps. And it's 6". It's also about $300.
Has anyone used this tool? Can you tell me about your large 6" PC or DeWalt or Bosch etc?
Thanks for any input,
Sam
--
please remove @com.com and change att and dott to @ and .

Thanks, Sam (trying to minimize spam)
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:06:09 -0500, Sam Shank

I have 2 of the 6" PC ROSs. with the speed all of the way up and a coarse grit on them, they're scary. they are also solid machines. I recommend them....
Take a look at the Festool RO150. Higher price, but nicely built, good warranty and a well-designed pairing with their dust collection unit. I know these guys have some info : http://www.morrisandgreen.com/store_festool.html
I got sick of throwing away crap sanders every six months and I wanted to have a very good dust control for remodel work.