Makita 6916

After seeing a posting here a while back I bought a Makita 6916 impact driver/drill. This thing is great as a screw driver. It is one of the best that I've used. I'd like a bit more control at the slower speeds but can get used to it as it is.

RB

Reply to
RB

I also have one and LOVE it. I've got 2 Makita driver drills, plus the 6916 impact driver. Guess which one I most often reach for? Love the light weight, coupled with extreme power. I haven't had too much trouble dealing with control, although the first couple of times I squeezed the trigger I thought it would "get away from me".

dave

RB wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Interesting that you brought this up. I have a Pansonic that I love but it just doesn't cut it when it comes do driving a 2 1/2 inch screw. I have been looking at the Makita for an upcoming project and I heard the same comments. I also have looked at the big brother of the 6916.

has been your experiences in drving 2 1/2 " - 3 1/2 inch screws?

Rich

Reply to
RKON

the Makita can EASILY sink a 3 1/2" screw. It has over 800 inch lbs of torque. I've used it many times for long screws. You gotta try it to believe it.

dave

RK> Interesting that you brought this up. I have a Pansonic that I love but it

Bay Area Dave

I just ordered the 6932 from Coastal. From reading elsewhere, I understand that there is risk of twisting off the screw head with these Makita units. I tried the Hitachi 12V impact driver with the 1.2AH nicads at 780"#. The power was adequate but the batteries gave out too early driving

2.5" screws into a dry 6x6. Definitely want the 2.6AH NiMH units. Tom
Reply to
Tom Kendrick

I have the 6916 and haven't twisted the heads off of screws. You'll get a feel for using it very quickly unless you are a klutz. :)

dave

Tom Kendrick wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

They are very powerfull & capable of doing that only if the operator is incapable of getting the hang of it....I do not consider that a risk really if the first time you use it you do about a dozen test runs, like any new power tools, take the time to learn how to use it before getting on with the job....5 mins at the most.

Jon~

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Or you could answer the post in this way & start yet another flame war..... Yes, I see the :)

Jon~

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

a flame war? Not from MY post, PTM...

I didn't call ANYONE a klutz, btw. it was just a figure of speech. SOME people are SO touchy.

dave

dave

P©W?T©©LMAN ²ºº4 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Exactly my point....I had the smiley face too....do you see how easy they can get started?

LOL

Jon~

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

I wasn't refering to you. "Some people" was a general statement.

heck, the pilot light isn't even on... :)

dave

P©W?T©©LMAN ²ºº4 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave