Makita 3612 sub-base

The sub-base opening in my Makita 3612 plunge router is too large to accept standard template guides like Porter-Cable. It looks like a 'reducer' plate could be screwed-in to the sub-base to make the opening smaller, accomodating the PC template guides. Does anyone know if this is the case, or will Makita require me to go out and purchase a set of template guides specifically designed to fit this larger opening?
Dave

Hi Dave,
You need part # 321492-3 template guide adapter which allows the use of standard universal guides such as Porter Cables among others, it is $16.95 + 2.95 Shipping & Handling.
--
Jon Down
You might also check with Woodcraft or somebody who carries Leigh dovetail jigs. I *think* it is Leigh who makes their own version of Makita's template adapter, and theirs might be cheaper.
PWɮTLMAN 4 wrote:

--
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.