Makita 2012nb planer wont start

I just got my new planer today and used it on 2 boards worked great but shut it off raised the cutter's up as far as they would go to see just how thick of stock it would handle, pluged it back in after lowering it and now nothing. Is there a reset switch or something I can reset?
On 6/3/2013 9:44 PM, Southgate wrote:

You may have locked the cutter head by raising it up. I don't have the Makita but my dewalt will lock w/the cover off the blades.
Also you may have a defective unit and maybe the cord was pulled out..
Did you try both outlets... sure you don't have a switched outlet...
Trying all possiblities.
--
Jeff

"Southgate" wrote in message

Is the light on that indicates that the unit is plugged in? If not, and assuming it actually is plugged in, it could be that the power cord has pulled loose inside the housing... or the outlet is dead due to a tripped breaker/blown fuse. It looks like it pulls 13.75 amps and it probably could trip a 15 amp breaker on start up... my 1.5 HP Jet will trip a 20 amp on start up sometimes.
If the light is on I'd look for a jammed/locked cutter head as suggested by others.
John