Makita 2012NB Planer?

Searching for a good light planer, I stumbled across this. There have been no posts on it in the past year, but earlier some people said it was near perfection, others said the snipe was unbearable.
It is light, and I don't mind spending $500 if it is actually worth it. Any opinions? (The only other light planer I have found is the Delta TP400LS, and I have to really wonder if the Makita is worth the extra $200.)
I have a makita 12" planer /6" long bed joiner combination machine I would like to sell . the planer infeed rollers need to be resurfaced. The only reason for selling is I now have a 20" planer and a 8" joiner.
--

"Toller" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:mX%Rb.11320$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny...
FWW rated it highly.
Hope they have better feed rollers than the old dual machines like Mike's selling. Those white things were not really made to deal with rough lumber regularly. Buddy has been through three sets, and they're not cheap.

been
they run about $100 to refurbish, I used mine for about 8 years before they started getting Tackey. I use nothing but roughsawn lumber. At one time I did enquire about new ones from makita and was told by one of their salesmen that the refurbished ones by a local roller company were not only cheaper but lasted much longer....mjh
--

"George" <someone snipped-for-privacy@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:40196710$1 snipped-for-privacy@newspeer2.tds.net...