Makita 1/4" collet???

My Makita 3612BT has a 1/2" collet cone. I contacted the dealer about 1/4" availability and they had one. When I got it, it was just an insert collet that he said goes inside the 1/2". When inserted it sticks outside the collet nut a small bit. Does this sound like "normal" 1/4" replacement. I would have though it would come with it's own holder sized to fit the 1/4" ???
Anyone know?? Does this sound right or am I being over-cautious?
Keith P.
You have an adapter sleeve to reduce the 1/2" to 1/4". There is also the 1/4" setup that works by itself with out a 1/2' collet.
What you have is normal so to speak.

1/4"

a real collet is better than a collet adapter likr you got, but the adapters do work. some of the mfg'rs go to the trouble to make 1/4" collets, some don't.
make sure the nut is tight before applying power...
Thanks ...YES on tightening...Will get dedicated 1/4" to replace adapter sleeve. My PCable came with both.
Keith P