making triangle

Hi, I'm trying to make a triangular box with sides of length 6.5 6.5 and

5.25 and 4 inches deep. Wolfram Alpha told me my angles are 66.18, and 47.63, which means I need to make miters of 33.1 and 23.8 degrees.

My table saw only does 45 and I can't use my inca, because the saw can only cut 3 inches.

I was thinking of making some sort of hinged jig, perhaps.

Any ideas on this. I do have a router table also.

sibosop

As someone with virtually no experience at this, I like the idea of small (improvised) ramps for your router table top. Maybe just 1 adjustable ramp and a protractor. Sorry, I'm not sure what the bottom edge is supposed to look like for ideal performance at all angles.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

AH. Finally a solid reason for a left tilting blade. Mine's right tilting... Guess I could put the fence on the other side. b

Reply to
sibosop

See here.

's always 90° to the table and you tilt the blade to get angles >45° on your miters. Art

Reply to
Artemus

"Using the raised panel jig" pic - That saw, pictured, is right tilt.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

It can be done on a table saw with the right kind of tenoning jig, either purchased or shop-made. Be careful.

Reply to
Larry W