making the screwbox to make your own wooden screws, ala Roy Underhill

Hello all!
In the distant reaches of my cobweb covered mind, I remember seeing Roy Underhill make the tool that would be used to cut threads on a dowel...
Do any of you bibliophiles/videophiles have the information on this topic?
Yes, I know I could buy it, but that would just not be the same for my son and I. :)
Merry Christmas, William

I think you may be looking for a threadbox and tap. There's a fair writeup on this in "The Workbench Book" by Scott Landis. I don't think it's too tough to make the threadbox, but I don't know how an amateur would make the matching tap.
Commercial threadboxes and matching steel taps are available from Woodcraft, Garrett Wade, etc.