Making shop rags

Gosh, just put one hand on each side of the seam and pull--we need to stay in shape out there! If someone may be watching, you could always sever a few of the first stitches beforehand. : )

Reply to
Bill

I should be embarrassed to say this, but I pile old t-shirts in a box and take them to my mom to cut up when it gets full. She cuts them the same way every time - sleeves off and split, neck removed and the front and back cut roughly square and nicely folded. I end up with two neat little stacks - one small one of for application, and one large one for wiping off. I should add that I'm fairly particular by nature.... JP

Reply to
JayPique

I hope you bought her a good set of shears to use while doing this for you, Jape.

-- [Television is] the triumph of machine over people. -- Fred Allen

Reply to
Larry Jaques

...and an iron! : )

Reply to
Bill

Damnit! Lee Valley is offering free shipping again!

That's gonna cost me...

Reply to
Steve

Oh, goodie! Now I can afford those plastic shims and painter's pyramids. AWSHITITSONLYFORORDERSOF$40ORMORE.

(Why limit it for Christmas, Rob?)

Speaking of Robs, where'd Toy disappear to?

-- [Television is] the triumph of machine over people. -- Fred Allen

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You'd have to email him, or me.