Making Driftwood?

Has anyone tried "making" driftwood?

I am thinking of submerging fresh tree stumps in tidepools and let the salt water "cure" the wood. How long should I soak it?

clark

Reply to
clark5
10 years should do it.
Reply to
CW

Then years is about right.

The earlier lighthouses were build with lumber that was submerged ten years in salt-water tide pools.

Today some of these lighthouses are still standing up with the original lumber.

This lumber treatment has long since disappeared and replaced with a quicker treatment using toxic chemical.

Reply to
<marierdj