Making dimples

I have neither metal working tools, nor ability.

Kindling, more likely.

Then it's not a dimple, it's a hole.

I hope you are a damn sight better at it than figuring out answers for other people.
Richard Evans wrote:

If its a production job, bite the bullet and buy a router then make up a jig as required.
If it's one off, an appropriately shaped carbide burr http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID 3 in a Dremel or die grinder would do it. You'd want to do some practice cuts in scrap lumber first.
--John

Gouge, carving adze.

Hot here in Baja, but not as bad as there.. Average in the last week has been around 92f with 50 to 70% humidity.. Down to high 80's and slightly lower humidity at night..
Next month is the worst... Glad that we get a break on electricity cost during the summer months..
My shop has A/C, and it's on all day, but only the lathes, BS and hand tools are in the shop.. The grinders, TS, router table and the rest of the flatwork stuff is out on the carport.. Even with a covered carport, sometimes the TS is too hot to touch comfortably, and sharpening lathe tools is as quick a trip out and back in as possible..
October is when "snow bird" season begins... best months are Nov. - Feb. and holidays are fun when visitors come down and didn't bring t-shirts and shorts.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing