Making a ZCI for tablesaw

Page 2 of 2

A. Wax the TS insert fingers first? B. Whack it from below? C. Use the finger hole to pry it off? D. Don't use epoxy? E. All of the above?

Yeah, especially D. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 7/21/10 3:09 PM, Leon wrote:

AFAIK, we're talking about drops of hot glue on 4 flanges. In a way they are like the little rubber feet you might find on the bottom of a lamp.
You mark where the tabs are on the insert, or you squeeze a drop on each tab/flange. Press the insert down with a straight edge so it stops flush with the table top. It'll dry in 20 seconds.
Here's another idea. Put a piece of scotch tape on each flange, before this procedure. Glue dries to the insert and not the flanges.
--

-MIKE-

wrote in message

Well I have acutally done this before about 10 years ago. However I put pretty sizeable gobs down, let the the glue cool thoroughly and then sandded the gobs down to fit. My only warning was to simply think this out before you create a problem.

Might have been me as I did that many years ago. However I sanded the blobs until the fit was correct. I later went with putting screws on the bottom.
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:53:18 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If it is 3/8" the easiest way may be to use a piece of left over click- lock style laminate flooring. I had a piece left over from a project. It was the perfect height for my saw. I trimmed it to fit, dropped it in place and moved the fence over it so it would not raise up, turned the saw on and ran the blade to it's highest level. ShaZammm! The perfect, strong, slick zero clearance insert! Works real good, lasts long time, and it was FREE!

Hmm, thanks for the tip, but I don't have any of that material. All our floors were hardwood, oak. Might be about to use those by the way. Will check it out.
MJ