Making a real wood driver (golf)

Has anyone ever tried this for the fun of it? What resources (books, etc) did you find to be the most useful? What would you have done differently?
Thanks
Todd

If I recall correctly, the heads of woods are made of persimmon.
On Apr 18, 2:23 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I remember this being written up MANY years ago in Popular Mechanics. IIRC, it was a persimmon/maple laminate. Then shaped with an automatic lathe. Face plate attached with screws, hole for shaft drilled, and finally given a coat or so of laquer.
Wed, Apr 18, 2007, 11:21am (EDT-3): of_the snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Toddthewoodjunkie) doth query: Has anyone ever tried this for the fun of it? What resources (books, etc) did you find to be the most useful? What would you have done differently?
I'd go this route. http://shootersolutions.com/golfballcannon.html
Guy gets on an airplane with his pants pockets stuffed with golf balls and sits down beside an attractive young lady.
She keeps glancing at his pocket. He eventually notoces, and says, "Those are golf balls".
The young lady thinks about this for a couple of minutes, then asks, "Does that hurt as bad as tennis elbow?".
JOAT I have anal glaucoma. I can't see my ass going to work today.
Now that was funny JT