Making a PC desk (work table)

I have decided to scrap out my PC table (30" x 48") which has a 1 1/4 inch thick laminated top and weighs a ton. Newer PC's and LCD monitors don't require this massive monstrosity.
I want to build a replacement from 3/4 plywood and surface it with some naugahide (sp.???) which I came across in a yard sale a few years ago. As such, it has no instructions for usage. Specifically what kind of adhesive would best, and any pitfalls to be aware of.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. My first thought is to use contact cement, same as for hard laminate. Will this work? By the way, I intend to 'inlay' a piece laminate as a writing surface.
On the same subject, could anyone suggest a source for the type of hardware which allows one to secure legs for table using a metal plate, etc. (We have a coffee table assembled this way, and it is snap to remove legs for moving, etc)
Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge, Ace

Rockler is usually the first place I look for hardware like that - several types available at http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID 07 Lee Valley probably has some also. I'm not sure about Naugahyde adhesive - contact cement sounds like a good place to start - I'd try some with scrap and see how it goes. Good luck, Andy
Thanks Andy,
Exact type hardware that's on the coffee table I mentioned in original post. And, for other responders, I guess my thought of contact cement is valid, so I'll get some and try out on a small piece to see how it works. I know it works fine for the hard laminate.
Ace
Ace

Ace wrote:

Auto parts stores ought to sell some spray adhesive normally used to secure headliners in cars. It seems like that product would be just what you need. BTW, aside from it being in spray form, you use it the same way as contact cement: spray both surfaces, wait until almost dry and slightly tacky, then place the material in place.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

3M77 would also work. It may even be the same stuff!

The contact adhesive works well. Use dowels to position the laminate--once it's stuck, it's stuck!

Those plates are not very secure. If you want something that is light and easy to move, why not buy a foldup table? Aprons can get in the way for a PC table. I use a shop-made wooden gateleg table that has leaf hinges (one leaf is always folded down because I don't need the table space with a LCD monitor.)

btw, if u r gonna try a KBD drawer, I tried mounting one temporarily on a real desk, and found that the only location is at the height of the desk itself . It won't work to mount it under an existing desktop. And also, it should be "in" the desk wrt the front to back location as well. So, its a cutout to be made, no bout a dout it. and up/down, back/front, tilt/yaw/roll, and sep. MSE option is a design miracule.
-