Making a box joint jig

Page 4 of 4
On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:04:18 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey

See? I gave you an excuse to go buy yet another toy, er, I mean tool.
P.S: I hope you have a receipt and can return it. Those cheapies are truly nasty in most cases.
-- Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. -- Thomas J. Watson
Larry Jaques wrote:

Thank you /so/ very much!

Well, it was either a cheapie (less than $100) or nothing. B'sides, the videos aren't for /me/ to watch. :->
I shot a couple of short clips at home to try it out (the tiny little thing did look kinda silly perched on my tripod) and it did ok when I loaded the file into the computer for playing - but I think they may have done some cost-cutting with their HDMI driver circuit.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Don't forget the printed, full color 'splain with it, eh?
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine
scrawled the following:

Your a good sport Larry. '~)
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 07:35:00 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Of course I am. (Now send money. Lots of small bills in a brown paper bag in the middle of the night, please.)
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:26:10 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey

2 Points, sir.

Don't talk "well", ya silly savage. Oh, just redo the entire page, will ya, and add dims for the blocks you cut and reference them in the pics. It removes any obfuscation. A "C" showing on the one pic and an upside down "C" showing on the rotated jig would be illustratorily effusive as well. (Just try to find -that- one in a dict!)

Their kerfs are larger than your kerfs. </neener>

Label which is which, too, OK? <gd&r>

No, you don't quite grasp it. I can savvy the complex stuff but yours is _too_ simple. Because you left out any references and showed 'em only in 2 dims, what could be an elevation could also be an overhead perspective. There's no way to tell.

50 lashes with a long, limp, wet Robatoy noodle for you!
I'd have spent more time with you on this tonight but my muscles are so sore I'm going to bed. Squatting 8 hours a day doing this client's 17" tall deck is killing my thigh muskuls sumpin' fierce. Thank God it's going to be _raining_ for the next 3 days...My ibuprofen has met its match.
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Morris,
I don't know why but I keep getting a 404 Not Found error when I click on the links you provided.
Any ideas??
Thanks, Steve
Steve said:

I'm not Morris, but watch the line wrap? Unless Florida has decided to block non-commercial, educational content. :)
Greg G.
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:05:39 -0500, the infamous Greg

Judging by the half-link shown above, Steve is, indeed, suffering from line wrap problems. The actual link is below. Note that it does not end in "De" http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/LapJointJig /
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine
Steve wrote:

Steve...
If you were looking for the JPEG files, they were judged too small, lacking proper prose obfuscation, and in need of visual proof that the designs worked as advertised. <moue>
I deleted them from the server.
The box joint jig _still_ lacks photos, but you can find links to remnants of both designs in my project menu at:
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects /
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Morris,
Many thanks, both for the explanation and the update. These look very interesting, and I can't wait to try them out.
Thanks again, Steve