Making a 70.6 cut on miter saw

Page 5 of 7
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:24:57 -0800, the infamous "Tom Dacon"

Did you know that DAP has pressurized spray cans of caulk now? A client I'm working with bought one and I was in tears before I stopped laughing, thinking about the cheese-in-a-can crap that's also on the market. This probably tastes a lot like those, Tom, but I doubt I'll try -either- in this lifetime. <g>
-- "Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." -- Clarence Darrow
scrawled the following:

This is why you're probably a lot better at woodworking than me. Me. . . I just would use the cheese-in-a-can and when it hardened, would paint it. <grin>
BTW, what happens if you leave that can of pressurized DAP out on the table by a plate of crackers when having a party? In my past life, I was invited to many office parties around Christmastime- mostly at law firms. I always speculated on the fun of taking a pretty glass bowl of Kibbles and Bits to the party and placing it on the conference table. Of course, I never did, but it was fun to speculate about.
--
Nonny

On 2/21/2010 2:44 PM, Nonny wrote:

I was at a party once where this actually happened. The report was that they were actually quite flavorful. Of course, this was in the 60s, and other things were being consumed as well...
Harevy
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:44:14 -0800, the infamous "Nonny"

E GAD! ;)

This is such a fun group...
-- "Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." -- Clarence Darrow

I think it is. Ingenuity, humour, advice, lies, wrong political slants, all good.
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:47:17 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

You betcha. We have it all, including Festeraddicts and HFreightiots.
-- "Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." -- Clarence Darrow
Nonny wrote:

if you want to freak out the cashier, pop one of the dog treats from the bowl at pets-mart. they pretty good, but kinda dry i've found...

Years ago, even before we had grandkids, I would always do a version of this when being dragged to Sam's Club or Walmart by Mrs. Nonny. I would wander over to the dog food aisle and contemplate the "doggy jerky" treats. When someone would wander by, (or if I made a purchase for our own dog) to the cashier, I'd muse: "These are just like real jerky strips and the grandkids don't know the difference."
The look on their faces would run the full gamut of emotions: from polite interest when I'd start speaking, to amazement, to speculation, to comprehension of what I was saying and then to rage/violence/hatred. It is still fun. Sometime, I'll tell you about what a former neighbor does when at a Victoria's Secret.
--
Nonny
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:15:32 -0800, the infamous "Nonny"

Bwahahahaha! Were you pretending to be heavily chewing at the time?

You'd love that joke about the old guy who was thrown out of ALL Walmarts. He had something like that for every department. I'll see if I can find it to post here, unless someone beats me to it.
-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:11:09 -0700, the infamous "chaniarts"

I don't do pets so I've never been in a pets-mart.
I loved the scenes with Mel Gibson and the dogs in the "Lethal Weapon" movies. He ate a lot of dog biscuits, too. Um, I'll pass, thanks.
-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn
Thanks Tom.
If into crown cutting - some expensive sticks of crowns pay in a day or less. Cutting custom boxes or angles on most anything and doing it for a business - the real stuff pays and can be used to verify a quality job later in a QA stance.
Martin
Tom Dacon wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

When faced with a new problem, it is often helpful to reduce this new problem to a problem that has already been solved.
Tell me, have you ever made a 35.3 cut with a miter saw?

Nevermind the answer to that question, how did you make the degree thingy show up after the 3?

What degree thingy?
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 17:06:05 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

I know what you mean, Toy. I'm getting all lost in this high-tech vocab they're tossing around, too.
-- "Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." -- Clarence Darrow

What degree thingy?
Ice Hole! Howd ju do dat?
On 2/20/10 1:26 PM, Leon wrote:

We use a metric keyboard in Canada
Hope that helps.
--
Froz...

On 2/20/2010 12:26 PM, Leon wrote:

ALT+0176 =
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
On 2/20/10 2:09 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:

Spoilsport. ;-)
--
Froz...

..
Option-shift-8 does it here...ohhhhh you don't HAVE an Option key???? No options for you! No soup either!