Make That Hole Bigger!

Page 2 of 2

"Bob" is Robert Peel, British Prime Minister during Victoria's reign, and thus the most powerful man in the world at that time. Having him as an uncle would obviously make your life easier :-)
Peel also invented the idea of a police force, which is why British police are called "bobbies".
John
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/23/2014 10:31 AM, John McCoy wrote:

Any chance he was Emma Peel's granddad?
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 19:38:58 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

Forstner bits are edge guided, there's no centering point. OK?
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/23/14 6:24 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

He already explained his comment. Most Forstners have center points. I had to look pretty hard to find some that didn't. Maybe they started out without a center, but seems like 90% have them today.
--

-MIKE-

✖
On 12/23/2014 7:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Internet searches are your friend. https://www.google.com/search?q=forstner+bit&biw 36&bih†6&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9XGaVIyNIcXfoASKu4DQBQ&sqi=2&ved AcQ_AUoAg

Both descriptions are correct. A Forsner bit does have a centering point. It is very useful to position the bit at a hole's center point. But a Forstner bit is also edge guided, which makes it fairly easy to enlarge a hole with the next size bit.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+use+a+forstner+bit

Add pictures here
✖
On 12/24/14 2:02 AM, Just Wondering wrote:

You guys need to read the entire thread before commenting. None of those bits pictured are the ones he's talking about.

Not without a drill press, it's not. Hence the technique shown in my video. Again, please read the whole thread before replying.
--

-MIKE-

✖
On 12/24/2014 9:12 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

I don't know if you're right or wrong, and I don't have time to read back through every thread. But right or wrong, you're a jerk.

Add pictures here
✖
On Thursday, December 25, 2014 12:25:49 AM UTC-6, Just Wondering wrote:

Perhaps if you read the entire thread (what... too important to read 10 entries?) you would see the context of the comment.

OK, MIKE... you wrote that... so shame on you for trying to politely keep this thread on track. Shame... go have a beer and think about what you have done.
I think I will too!
Robert
Add pictures here
✖

Well, if you're gonna twist my arm. :-D
--

-MIKE-

✖
On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 20:47:16 -0500, Larry Kraus wrote:

or peelers.

Now there's a woman (Diana Rigg) I'd hoped would never get old. But she did age gracefully - at 60 she still looked pretty good!
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 13:00:19 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

No, he's not too important -- just too lazy. Additionally he clearly doesn't care about knowing all the facts. What does that tell you?
He's a Democrat.

Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:36:54 -0600

I finally used the one I've got. It says england on the shaft I think it's sorby
Wow this is a great bit to have. I was covering some wood with sheet metal and this let me get the size for bolts just right. Understand now why the are called step bits
for a small vase I used this to make a tapered hole then a regular bit to go further. I wanted to maintain the vase's weight at the base.
I started paying attention to these on the store shelf and they are very expensive will check out HF bits for sure
Add pictures here
✖