Magnifying goggles?

Has anyone ever seen such? I mean real safety goggles that also give, say, 3X magnification over the entire lens - not just a little spot at the bottom a la bifocal style. If I use regular magnifying glasses and use a face mask the glasses get steamed up which isn't overly safe. Ideally what I would love to find is a full face flip-down visor that is also a magnifyer - but I don't think there can be too many of those around! Does Foster Grant do custom work?
FoggyTown
foggytown wrote:

http://www.abcsafetymart.com/sglasses/magnification-safety-glasses.html
foggytown wrote:

DAGS for Optisight or Optivisor. I think you'd be interested in the lens plates #'s 7-10.
Not full safety goggles, but I think it's the closest you'll get.
Perhaps if you moved out of Foggy Town.....
B.

foggytown wrote:

I used to have a pair when I could still wear contact lenses. Mine were +1.75. Beat taking off the goggles and putting on my reading glasses every time I turned around.
Jess.S
foggytown wrote:

Your visual field is 180 degrees wide, and if there were a 3x full-field magnifier, that would narrow to 60 degrees. That would be a wide-field telescope, not a simple magnifier. There's an outfit that makes eyeglass/telescope hybrids, Designs for Vision; my dentist likes their product.
<http://www.designsforvision.com/DentHtml/DStdTel.htm
Magnifiers require you to get closer to the subject, so items at arm's length (like the saw kerf) might not be easy to see unless you lean in real close (or move the lens close to the kerf, i.e. detach it from your faceplate area). If you had a full-face magnifier, it's just like getting closeup glasses; things farther than a foot are out of focus.
So you have three choices: lens-magnification in a portion of the visual field (for close-in objects only); tele-magnification in a portion of the visual field (small telescopes, so you can see things at a safe distance); close-up specs and items blur in the distance.