Magna Table Saw

I have a aquired a Magna Table Saw (Shopsmith) model 710 9" table saw from and old friends father. Hid dad bought the saw in the 50's and still had the manual with the part break down and part numbers.)
The origional 3/4 hp 3450 rpm motor went out and he replaced it with an old 1750 rpm motor of unknown origin.
Except for needing a motor this saw is in pretty good shape. the blade is parrallel to the miter grove and the adjustments feel really good. (there is 1 hand wheel. push is elevation, pull is tilt.)
The problem is the arbor. It has the shopsmith style arbor for quick change blades that use the 1 1/4" arbor. The saw needs a spacer to use the standard 5/8" arbor and a right threaded nut with 11 threads per inch.(if any one knows where to find these. Shopsmith currently knows nothing of this saws existance.)
Shopsmith sells the quick change 5/8" arbor but i would have to cut the origional arbor down to use it.
If anyone knows anything about these saws, or would be interested in it please let me know.
Rick
rcox at sandsdecker dot com

from
old
is
change
Yahoo Groups has a shopsmith group. Try them, they might be able to help. Last time I checked, they had a guy on there that restored old shopsmiths, so he may have the parts you need. I dont have the URL, but you should be able to navigate through yahoo with no problem.
Drew