Magic Moulder

Has anyone tried the Magic Moulder?
http://www.woodtechtooling.com/Magic_Molder/magic_molder.html
--
Rumpty

Yes!!!! I have had one for a couple of years now and I have used it several times. Well worth the money. Very high quality and I like they way the knives change so easy and they lock down tight and secure. I have made a lot of moulding and I am very pleased with the cut and finish.
Mike from American Sycamore www.americansycamoreretreat.com
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/magicmolder.htm
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 70 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Incra V27 Miter Gauge - GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner - Karcher NT361 Dust Extractor - Ozito Electronic Ear Muffs - Festool TDK Cordless Drills - Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps ------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't use it, but I saw some scrap that had run through a Magic Moulder. I was impressed with the surface finish and the quality of the cut.
-Dan V.

Wow --- I have a Craftsman molder set that I bought about 30 years ago (and still have never used). It could be the twin to this thing, and I think I only paid about $50 for it!
Bob Gruber

I don't really think so. I have a Craftsman molder about 25 years old, and have used it many times. It took me two days to grind and sharpen the cutters, with a keyed jig to make them uniform. Before that it was terrible. It's worked out fairly well, but isn't used often. Some years ago I compared it to the Magic Molder, and concluded the latter was of much higher quality and better design. I just didn't have enough usage to justify the change, and that wasn't available when I bought mine. GerryG