Magazines

Page 1 of 3
I've seen a few issues of Fine Woodworking and just subscribed. I have learned of at least two other woodworking magazines: American Woodworker and Woodworker's Journal. This is not a flame-bait message asking which is "best". But, ... I would like to learn from your collective experience:
-- What is the audience of each magazine? -- Which ones you have found useful, and why. -- What other magazines are currently being published on the subject, in the U.S.
Thanks,
Rich

Other magazines would include "Wood". That is the one I subscribe to. I find it very descriptive in a newbie type way - which is about my level.
I like and subscribe to all three as well as Better Homes and Gardens "wood" magazine.
The audience of all three is woodworkers.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

Sometimes that's a drawback. I've found special interest magazine ads valuable for finding sources.

Do I sense a retired man here? :-)
Thanks,
Rich
Boy, I wish!!! I'm a not intentionally retired, a down-sized cellular field engineer. Now I can afford the mags but not the wood & tools. Oh well, the economy is turning around...CNN just said so. (If I hear THAT one more time)
In the meantime, if you know of anyone needing a few SC-4812 BTS units installed & optimized or needing carrier adds etc, I'm your man.
For now, I'll read a few woodworking mags and dream about better times. And then surf Monster.com et al to see what's shaking.
DexAZ

Of course the economy is on the upgrade, aren't we re-electing a President?

God, I hope not.

"David Babcock" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
David Babcock writes:

You may be. I'm not.
Charlie Self If God had wanted me to touch my toes he would have put them higher on my body.
We most certainly are NOT!
--

Be sure to check-out our webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html
"David Babcock" wrote in message

http://www.newspeakdictionary.com /
You are being facetious, of course. From someone who is being run by three businesses these days, this is _still_ the worst ecomonic climate I've seen since the early 80's. The money is shiftng ever higher and to fewer and fewer. I was talking to an insurance executive last week who was decrying the proliferation of twenty somethings under her making "high six figures" on commissions last year for "placing health insurance" ... "money that should be staying in the system for health care costs" ... her words.
They can paint all the rosy pictures they want, but nothing good will come from this topsy turvy nonsense ... Old George O hit the nail on the head when he coined the concept of "newspeak".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/04

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:17:13 -0800, Larry Blanchard

Ditto here, and never again for a Republican or Democrat.
-------------------------------------------- Proud (occasional) maker of Hungarian Paper Towels. http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design =====================================================

that I was throwing away my vote. Now I just try to determine the lesser evil.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:31:32 -0800, Larry Blanchard

It really is not throwing away your vote. If you feel that both candidates are unfit, then voting for a third party candidate does "send a message". If only a few do that, the message will not matter much, but that is also true if you vote for one of the major parties.
A vote is a vote. If everyone who is dissatisfied with the major parties voted for a third party, the major parties would respond. Giving up and voting for a major party candidate is what they want you to do and THAT is throwing away your vote, because it's not a vote for what YOU want.
For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com

Larry Jaques ovalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> says...

Yeah, I thought that way in 1992. I was one of the 16 percent or so that gave us all Slick Willie by voting for Ross. I bet those Naderites are happy they voted for Ralph instead of Al (I sure am anyway 'cause if they hadn't we would have had to see what Al would have done after 9-11).
Dave Hall
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:31:32 -0800, Larry Blanchard

Sure, both the Reps and Dems want you to believe that. As soon as you fail to believe it, they're all jobless and out on their sorry don't-know-how-to-earn-a-living arses.
A vote is a vote and is never thrown away unless you FAIL to vote it. As soon as you pantywaists grow enough balls to toss out the idiots in power now, you (and we) will all get the same crap they've been giving us. I mean that for you ladies out there, too. (Tough love & equality.)
The 25% of us who voted for Perot in 1992 proved that these *ssh*les really -can- be shaken up. Why do you suppose they threatened him and made him look crazy(-ier than he really was)?
Only when you get up the nerve to vote independent with us will the United States of America have a chance to regain its integrity. I pray (non-religiously) that happens in November of this year!
- They who know the truth are not equal to those who love it. -Confucius --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Programming Services

Yeah, assuring Clinton's victory was a really clear message.
snipped-for-privacy@hadenough.com says...

up with Bush :-).
BTW, what I actually did in the last election was to participate in one of those vote-swapping groups. That way the "message" is sent in those states where it can't affect the outcome.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:17:13 -0800, Larry Blanchard

When George say it's there, it's there! You can't blame him if the inspectors and soldiers can't find them.