Madrone

I have available to me some madrone trees. Is there any value in making boards? Is it good for firewood?

Tin Woodsmn

Reply to
TinWoodsmn

The wood, especially any burls you might have could be very valuable to woodturners. You might check with your local woodturning club, or post something over at the woodturning NG.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Madrone is very good firewood. It puts out more BTU than most any other species of trees. Just make sure you split it before it dries or you won't split it. It is very, very, very hard after drying.

Marv

Reply to
Marv

Absolutely. I have made clocks and display cases from it. See following link:

Frank Howell

Frank,

Your pictures on that page are pointing to your local hard disk, so they do not show.

Harvey

Reply to
eclipsme

I didn't see them either. It was the info on the wood that should answer you questions, but if you want pics, see this:

Frank Howell

TinWoodsmn wrote: : I have available to me some madrone trees. Is there any value in making : boards? Is it good for firewood?

: Tin Woodsmn

It's pretty and the burls are much liked by veneer makers and turners. Madrone is legendary for its warping abilities, so if you slice it into boards cut them overtihick and weigh them down while they dry.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Every time I see this thread, I think of this:

Reply to
B A R R Y

Sorry for posting a bad link.

Trek makes a high end road bike called "Madone".

Reply to
B A R R Y