M12V router and Rosseau router plate installation kit

Folks,

Looking for some "smack me around and call me stupid" advice here. I got the Rosseau router plate and installation kit, to use with my M12V. Here's my trouble -- the install kit comes with a bushing designed to screw through a 1 1/8th hole (it's got both male and female parts, so it doesn't need a threaded hole).

How am I supposed to go about attaching said bushing to said router?

The only thing that comes to mind immediately -- and I think this should work fine, but it seems like the hard way -- is to cut a new baseplate out of 3/8" or 1/2" ply, and drop a 1 1/8th hole in it (dead center, of course, which makes it a little trickier), and use that for the bushing.

Please tell me I'm being stupid and that there's an easier way :-)

thanks,

--randy

Reply to
Randy Chapman

Sigh. Told you it was a stupid question. Lo and behold, in the m12v box was a part I hadn't spied before -- an adapter for exactly this use. Why am I not surprised? :-)

Thanks for putting up with stupid questions :-)

--randy

Reply to
Randy Chapman