M&M W7 Molder/Planer

I found one of these at an estate sale. Cute little machine, which always gets my attention. I looked on the "EWay" just for grins and MY LORD, why do these things sell for SO much??? What do they do THAT well? Respectfully, Ron Moore
They make molding. One of the few machines that can make round or oval molding.
Doug Turner responds:

All day, every day, added to which changing blades is a snap, the machine is easy to care for, the motor is usually a Baldor, and a few other similar good things.
Charlie Self
Interesting. The old fellow that passed it on had his relatives grabbing the larger machines (table saw, etc.) before the auction. I went to look at a Hegner scroll saw that got marked "Sold" just as I came through the door (I was the first person in). Another family member decided at the last minute about it. What was funny was that they left a lot of the parts to make the machines work. They left the little M&M on a table in a corner. Got it for $100. Had no idea about it but could tell it was a old, heavy and well made.     Thanks for the info on it. I will find it a place in the new "digs."     My wife and I have been looking for a building to move into for years. Finally got one on contract and will start moving into it Jan 30. I have tools stored in 11 places in three towns. Finally, a shop with a home attached! And, a studio for her. Have a Merry Christmas, guys, and thanks. Respectfully, Ron Moore
Charlie Self wrote:

<snip>

<yet another snip>
Are we talking about a Williams and Hussey planer/moulder here?
If so that is a fine machine, or so says I. Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd /
Dave Fleming writes:

Sounds like. And $100 is one great price. Absolutely fantastic machine at its intended price (IIRC, they go for 2 big ones or more right now, ready to go...well, with all the parts in the boxes).
Charlie Self
Older ones didn't all have the feed drive train, but still a good buy either way.
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com
Dave Fleming wrote:

If it is then he got one hell of a great deal on it - they go for close to 2 grand new.
charlie b