Lynchburg VA

I'm going to be in the Lynchburg, VA area this weekend, with a few hours to burn on Saturday.

Is there anything in the area, woodwrking related, that would be considered a "can't miss attraction"

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

The Blue Ridge Parkway.

It is always worth a couple of hours, which is easily done from Lynchburg. It is always changing, so if you were there last week it will be different this week.

As for the woodworking there is a lot of wood on the Parkway and an interesting Log building at the Peaks of Otter. There are others if you want to take a walk.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Nice time of year for the Parkway. Check out some places for barbecue for lunch or dinner. Or both.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Peaks of Otter Lodge. Good chow. Bedford, VA

Reply to
MaxD

There are wooden barrels at the Jack Daniels Distillery and they have tours. :-)

willshak

Silly me. Wrong Lynchburg.

Reply to
willshak

Poplar Forest. See:

Bill Leonhardt

Not so fast, Bill. He's coming from AL. He kin set a spell, in Lynchburg, TN, before saunterin on, to VA.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Unfortunately I was on the road (TN didn't get back to Lynchburg this time) and missed so this is too late but if ever there again w/ some time the one place of your subject I'd suggest is Poplar Forest, TJ's summer residence. It's on south side of city towards Bedford off 460.

Reply to
dpb

Last time I was there, the boxwood hedge had circa 3" girth on some of its limbs. It's taken a LONG while building up that woody resource.

Reply to
whit3rd