Lynchburg VA

I'm going to be in the Lynchburg, VA area this weekend, with a few hours to burn on Saturday.
Is there anything in the area, woodwrking related, that would be considered a "can't miss attraction"
basilisk
On 5/16/2013 10:42 AM, basilisk wrote:

It is always worth a couple of hours, which is easily done from Lynchburg. It is always changing, so if you were there last week it will be different this week.
As for the woodworking there is a lot of wood on the Parkway and an interesting Log building at the Peaks of Otter. There are others if you want to take a walk.
On Thu, 16 May 2013 12:31:05 -0400, Keith Nuttle

Nice time of year for the Parkway. Check out some places for barbecue for lunch or dinner. Or both.
On 5/16/2013 8:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Peaks of Otter Lodge. Good chow. Bedford, VA
On 5/16/2013 10:42 AM, basilisk wrote:

There are wooden barrels at the Jack Daniels Distillery and they have tours. :-) http://www.jackdaniels.com/visit
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 5/17/2013 7:53 AM, willshak wrote:

Silly me. Wrong Lynchburg.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Friday, May 17, 2013 6:58:22 AM UTC-5, willshak wrote:

Not so fast, Bill. He's coming from AL. He kin set a spell, in Lynchburg, TN, before saunterin on, to VA.
Sonny

Poplar Forest. See: http://www.poplarforest.org/
On 5/16/2013 9:42 AM, basilisk wrote:

Unfortunately I was on the road (TN didn't get back to Lynchburg this time) and missed so this is too late but if ever there again w/ some time the one place of your subject I'd suggest is Poplar Forest, TJ's summer residence. It's on south side of city towards Bedford off 460.

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:23:15 AM UTC-7, dpb wrote:

Last time I was there, the boxwood hedge had circa 3" girth on some of its limbs. It's taken a LONG while building up that woody resource.