LV plane news?

Is there any news on the new plane from LV? I'd hate to buy a plane and regret not waiting. Any hints welcome.

Reply to
BErney1014

sounds like YOU know more about a new plane than I do, Berney. Spill the beans!

dave

BErney1014 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Reply to
Mark

There are two models in final certification, a single reciprocating and a twin turbo.

I'd wait for the jet model, myself.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Avoid the certification hassle and buy a kit.

Reply to
Roy Smith

I had not heard any. But I really want one of these planes and have been saving up my pennies for many many months while I use my old Stanley.

Reply to
Phisherman

Hey Dave,

LV is coming out with a low-angle jack plane. It will include lateral adjustment, which is typically not found in low-angle planes, or so I'm told. I believe the release date is sometime in May, IIRC.

I, for one, couldn't wait and already bought the LN version. It really lives up to its reputation (the low-angle jack plane, that is) as being the easiest and most fun plane to use. But, my neandering skills are few, so what do I know?

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Sorry for the delay repling to this one - was out of the office until today....

Two new planes will be released in the June catalog - mailing May 10th....

A #90ish Bullnose/chisel, and a LA Jack - which is quite a bit different than anything else on the market....

Cheers -

Rob Lee

Reply to
Robin Lee