LV Aluminum Bar Clamps on sale

Anyone here using these?

If so, how "lighter duty" are they? Are they strong and stiff enough for assembly of properly made cabinet doors?

I have LOTS of good clamps, but I'd like more for when I do lots of doors. These are a great price.

Thanks!

**
**

B A R R Y

Sure they are. Almost any clamp can do cabinet doors. You don't need or want clamps that can squeeze the crap out of them, just clamps that will keep the doors square long enough for the glue to dry.

Reply to
Upscale

I think you are looking at strictly lite duty. I have had the heavy version of these type clamps for years and they do flex easily. If the bar bending will not be introduce a problem they should work well but don't count on them to glue up flat panels made up of multi pieces unless you have clamps on both sides to balance the stress.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks, guys!

**
**

B A R R Y

Barry - I have those exact clamps. And lightweight, they are indeed. It is a true case of getting what you pay for, so if expectations are low, you will be fine.

I bought 10 or so of those in 24" when I had a group of smaller glue ups for some cabs. After about four or five uses the stationery side where you crank wallowed out in inside of the clamp face and when you back off the pressure it will not pull the face with it.

Also, if you do put a fair amount of pressure on the clamp at about

16", they will flex enough to pull your glue up into a curve. Following good glue up practice I always put one in the oppositive position to negate this (old habits die hard).

Great for small projects, hard to kick at the price.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41