LV 22" Bevel UpJointer plane is delayed

On LV's website today:
"Special Offer: We are including the jointer fence free with the purchase of our bevel-up jointer plane a savings of $32.50 U.S./$39.50 Cdn. Due to high demand and a delivery delay with some of the plane parts, stock is not expected until November 1st. As a result, we have extended our introductory offer expiry date to Nov. 14, 2005."
That gives everyone an extra 2 weeks to decide on ordering the plane with the free fence.
Dave
The thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
Now I have to make something with it or the wife will complain...
- DH
Daniel H wrote:

Lucky you! :) Do you have a 2'+ accurate straightedge (Starret, or similar) to check the sole?
Dave

Yup - you guys (and Gals) ran us outta castings....have to wait for another shipment...
Wish we hadn't run out - but now we can concentrate on router planes, as we wait for the missing blade for THAT one to arrive.... :o
Be sure to check your straightedge before cheking the plane though...we're holding pretty tight tolerances on this one. One guy in the UK (Engineering prof) measured his at within .0005" of flat over the entire sole.... using a CMM....
Cheers -
Rob
Robin Lee wrote:

I don't have a straightedge good enough to checking that closely! Hurry up and get some more in stock so I can indulge my Veritas plane urges. I've only got 5 so far... :) Keep up the good work, Robin!
Dave
<snip>

So I should get the plane to check how straight the legs on my stainless-steel carpenters square are. ;-)
--
Archangel - Jack of all trades, mastering some...

Archangel & RavenSky's personal pages:

I got mine just yesterday. Great plane and great service as always! I flattened my workbench again just because I could ;-)
Thanks for another great tool, Robin!
TWS