Lumber yards near Charlotte, NC

I'm a woodworking hobbyist and up until now, I've been buying all my lumber at the big box stores. After giving my left arm and firstborn child for some oak boards today and then finding that every single one of them is bowed, I've decided that it's time to starting milling my own.
I live near Monroe, south of Charlotte. Can anyone recommend any good lumber yards near this area that sell oak/cherry/walnut/etc. in fairly low quantities for a reasonable price?
Thanks, Mike
Hey I live in Charlotte too.
I have never been there but I found this place on the web and plan on making a visit
http://www.mcgeelumber.com / McGee Lumber Company 2329 N. Graham St. Charlotte, NC 28206-2505 704-332-2107
You might have seen my post about the "Value of a planer". I just can't stomach paying the prices they ask for finished lumber. I have a bunch of white oak flooring I cut and plane and glue up to make what ever I need. I also got a load of Cherry from a guy by acident.
If you find any good sources please let me know.
Todd
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The Charlotte Hardwood Center on Golf Acres Drive off Wilkenson Blvd. It's on the other side of Charlotte from you out near the airport. They carry many kinds of hardwood (imported and domestic), plywood, and cabinet hardware.
--
Charley

Charley wrote:

That's where I go as well. You can buy as big or little an order as you need. Nice folks.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

that they had stopped carrying it and just had domestic.?????