Lumber Suppliers Near Vermont

Folks:

This spring I will be visiting my SIL in Burlington, Vermont later this spring. I would like to gather suggestions for good lumber suppliers within about a 3 hour driving range of Burlington. My plan is to drop my kidlets off at their favorite aunt's house and bug out for a day and visit a few places and pick up some curly maple, birdseye maple, thick and/or figured cherry and anything else unusual. I want a place that can ship an order up to say 500 bd ft back to Minnesota where I currently reside.

I found one place in that general area that had a nice web page a few months back. Problem is I lost the bookmark and I can't seem to remember how I found the place. Any suggestions for a lumber horder that needs a major fix?

Regards, Brook

Reply to
Vermind

Go to woodfinder.com and plug into their search engine.

By the way, have I not been paying attention or have you been away for a while, a long while?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Reply to
David Babcock

I know of only 3 retail supplies in the Burlington area. I use Morse Hardwoods and Millwork in Essex Junction (10 miles NE), then there's North End Hardwoods in Williston (5 Miles E), I haven't used them, the one time I checked prices (poplar) they were about 50% higher. The last one (I've heard is the cheapest of the 3) is in Bristol (30 miles S). I just looked but couldn't find there name, they run local adverts and advertise 500 board ft 'near wholesale' lots - don't know if they ship though - shouldn't be to hard to track them down once you get here.

I know Morse Lumber have a web site

Northend Hardwoods is
Do a Google search on Vermont harwood suppliers - anything in the state will be within your 3 hour driving range.

Ian Essex Junction, VT

Reply to
Ian Wheeler