Lumber source

I am looking for a source of good lumber in the Louisville Kentucky area. The Lowes has Red oak and Home Depot has red oak and some maple but good gawd they think the stuff is gold. Anyone have insight into where I should go future scrap hunting ? Puff
I'm originally from Owensboro so I'm not familiar w/ any local sawmills in your neck of the woods. But woodfinder.com shows about six lumber sources w/in 10 miles of the Lousville area. Joey
I am looking for a source of good lumber in the Louisville Kentucky area. The Lowes has Red oak and Home Depot has red oak and some maple but good gawd they think the stuff is gold. Anyone have insight into where I should go future scrap hunting ? Puff
Thanks Joey

Puff, are you looking for finished or rough cut stuff? I'm in Louisville too. I've got a helluva good place down in E-town. There's also a place over between Simpsonville and Shelbyville on Highway 60. I don't recall the name, I just found it the other day. Drop me an email. The address is right. BTW, I use mostly rough cut stuff and mill my own.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Jerry, From time to time I am looking for rough sawed lumber. Do you have a name for the "Helluva" good place in E-town. I get by Shelbyville often so I will check that one out. Thanks for any help you can provide. Not trying to horn in on your stash if it is a small mill. If you like, e-mail me off-list. Thanks Lyndell New Albany IN

area.
should
Please post it. I get by E-town myself quite a bit when I'm visiting my sisters who both live in Nicholasville and I'm always on the look out for bargain lumber.
Joey

good
No I don't mind giving up my source guy's. Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply, it's a work thing you know. His name is J.F. Conder, building and hardwood lumber, Ph. 502-737-7291. He's a real good guy, but you just can't depend on the pricing. It kinda depends on how much he's had to drink :-) Not saying there's anything wrong with that!!!! He usually has a pretty good supply of all the native woods to the area. I've gotten several, several hundred feet of cherry, walnut, and maple from him. He's got a few hundred feet of poplar cut and in his home made kiln for me to make some crown molding for the house. I just got to find time to get down there and pick it up. If any of you would like to email me, I can give you directions, as he's kind of hard to find, and when you call, he's not real specific with directions. Or my old man isn't one or the other. I had him, my dad, call him when I first found out about him, and dad gave me some real vague directions. Don't know if something got lost in the transfer or not. I'm glad I grew up in the area. We used to ride them back roads throwing Miller pony bottles at road signs. That was when a dui meant a slap on the hand, and being followed home by a cop to make sure you got there ok. As I said, email me if you all have any questions or want directions or anything. Just take out NOSPAM. Good luck.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.