Lumber Purchase

The sawmill near my home closed out and sold all the equipment. They are selling off the remainder of kiln dried lumber from the sheds. I bought 40 peices of select 1 X 8 X12 feet cyprus at $1.50 board foot and he threw in 4 boards free. Select ash was $1.50 or $!.00 board foot if I took it all. Couldn't pass that up. It was from 4 to 8 inches wide and most was 16 feet. Got a few free boards of ash. If I don't turn it into something usefull my wife will kill me.

Virgle

Reply to
Virgle

| The sawmill near my home closed out and sold all the equipment. | They are selling off the remainder of kiln dried lumber from the | sheds. | I bought 40 peices of select 1 X 8 X12 feet cyprus at $1.50 board | foot and he threw in 4 boards free. | Select ash was $1.50 or $!.00 board foot if I took it all. | Couldn't pass that up. It was from 4 to 8 inches wide and most was | 16 feet. | Got a few free boards of ash. | If I don't turn it into something usefull my wife will kill me.

Considering that you stole it - and then bragged about that here on the wreck - she may have to wait in line...

Normally you don't get a gloat if you pay out cash, but I don't think you paid enough for it not to be a gloat.

You suck!

Morris Dovey

It probably went out of business because the OP was waiting for a sale like this. :)

Reply to
efgh

However he's lost the sawmill near his home. That's more than enough anti-gloat to render the gloat null. Unless of course the reason they went out of business is there's another yard nearby.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

| If I don't turn it into something usefull my wife will kill me.

At a minimum, a new bedroom suite of furniture.

Dresser, chest, night tables & bed should keep you out of trouble for a while.

After that a matching secretary and computer desk.

So much wood, so little time.................

mutter, mutter............

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

So will we!

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Not enough owls remaining to grease the machinery.

Had to use imported owls and they were contaminated.

The legal headaches and the cost made the whole endeavor untenable.

Reply to
HeyBub

There will be no sawmills near here when this one is gone. That is why I had to spend all that money. Virgle

Reply to
Virgle

Stole it! Morris I paid good money for that stuff. To make bad matters worse I went back and made another purchase. Now I told the wife I need a bigger bandsaw. Virgle

Reply to
Virgle

||| Considering that you stole it - and then bragged about that here ||| on || the wreck - she may have to wait in line... | | Stole it! Morris I paid good money for that stuff.

I read the words, but it looks like a steal to me. :-)

| To make bad matters worse I went back and made another purchase. | Now I told the wife I need a bigger bandsaw.

Well, now you've really done it. My enviometer pegged, let out all the magic smoke, then spizzled a final bunch of sparks.

Morris Dovey

He lost a local source for good. That's a gloat penalty flag.

Check out the ref:

Reply to
B A R R Y

"B A R R Y" >

Barry you have correct.

Hanging on the office wall was a few sections of trees showing the growth rings. A cyprus section taken at 20 feet on the tree dated at 1212. During Jefferson's days we had a cold summer and it snowed in July. This was pointed out to me in the growth rings. Kind of neat. The cyprus was 795 years old. The mill was a family business and some of the family were getting up in age and didn't want to spend the money to update the mill. The mill was located on a lake and had some polution problems.

I live out in the country. A city fellow bought a house near me that had a

16 X 30 foot horse barn with a dirt floor. He didn't want the building because his tools got dusty so he gave it away. I spent a week getting it up on cribs then had my farmer neighbor bring in his 30 foot trailor and tow it to my place. Cost : I lost a lot of sweat and gave the farmer $100.00 plus I had to repaint. Nice building completely enclosed with solid pine boards and siding on top of that.

Virgle

Reply to
Virgle

Doesn't mean you can't make good use of the wood!

I've used lots of ash, and it's one of my favorite woods. I personally prefer it left light and bright. It bends nice, too.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Mon, Aug 27, 2007, 10:09pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@att.net (Virgle) doth lament: The sawmill near my home closed If I don't turn it into something usefull my wife will kill me.

You have my depest sympathies.

Birdhouses. You should be able to get $5 for one, no problem.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

"> The sawmill near my home closed

Thanks Joat. I can see you are really trying to help me.

V irgle

Reply to
Virgle

Would be a good deal if you'd have gotten the seller to pick up the paint tab. :)

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You are beyond the help of mortal man. The last time I did something like this my wife went out and bought a $1,000 sewing machine.

Dawg

Reply to
Cooniedog

You could try prying to a "Higher Power", but I must say it didn't do me any good, but then again maybe I've been so bad in this lifetime that maybe my prayer didn't go any higher than my receding hairline.

Dawg

Reply to
Cooniedog