lumber in b'ham al

Howdy, There used to be a company called Alabama Lumber and Supply located in the Avondale? section of Birmingham.
I called the number I had and it is listed as disconnected. I couldn't find them in the phone book either.
Does anyone know if they have changed their name, or what has happened to them.
They were a cool store. Lots of exotic wood (To me anyways).
If they are unknown or gone, does anyone know of another store in the area that might have lumber of this sort?
Bob here, hailing from Birmingham.
Alabama Lumber went out of business 2 or 3 years ago. Yeah, they had some nice things down there. The only other place that sells to retail is Hardwoods of Alabama in Thorsby, AL (www.hardwoodweb.com). It's about 30 miles south of BHM on I-65, just over the Shelby County line into Chilton County. They have a very large selection - bigger than Alabama Lumber. They are open Saturday mornings. Of course, there is Woodcraft, but the supply is limited, and Thorsby is their supplier.
Most of the cabinet shops around here have wholesale accounts at United Plywood, as I do. They have excellent hardwood plywood, and many hardwoods you'd expect - cherry, walnut, mahogany, beech, etc... but nothing exotic. It's all S2S and 15/16" thick.
Bob