Lumber gloat

Went to a proverbial auction of a "hobby woodworker" and tinkerer last weekend. The guy had been a Boeing machinist and mechanic at the paper over the last 1/2 century. The auction said "woodworking" equipment and supplies. The guy had commericial quanities of all kinds of abrasives, and hardware - just an amazing amount. But the best of all was 14 stacks of oak, walnut,each with ~ 100-150 bd ft. That he cut, dried, and surfaced (on his 36" 3 phase planer - the thing was a monster). One stack of oak had 3 pieces 30" wide x 11 ft. long. I had never seen anything near as wide before. I got 2 stack of walnut most of the wood was 9 - 13" wide and 9 -

11 ft long for 1.75 a bd. ft. :) :) I also got 4 pices of oak 10-16" x 9 ft for a total of $25. I picked up some clamps and a chest of drawers that "didn't look that big in his shop" but that turned out to be a 8ft long cabinet with 24 drawers. After a week I'm still rearranging the garage to get the cabinet in. Needless to say I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY excited about the lumber.

Thanks - I knew y'all would want to hear about this.

+Sorry, but no thanks -- even though the lumber was retail and perfect - I think I'll keep it anyway. :)
Reply to
notImpressed

Was wondering from whence that sucking sound was coming!

You suck, Dude!

Reply to
Swingman

You suck... you suck... you suck.

If you don't have enough room, I have some...

That's awesome. 30" wide... ...

Reply to
tiredofspam

Very nice grab!

Sonny

*Next time, at prices and items as that, call a relative to bring you some cash, fast.
Reply to
cedarsonny

Oh dude, you SUCK. BAD. I hate you. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:29244243.1811.1333806143269.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yneo2:

I used to garage sale on my bike. One of the keys to doing that is the question, "Will you hold this for me until I can pick it up?"

I'm sure it'll work with cash, especially if you make your interest known by buying something.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

You suck. But your post made me think about what my post-croak auction sale might look like.

Pretty meager overall.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Zz Yzx wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well I WAS planning to offer you some of the lumber. But since you said that I suck I've changed my mind. :)

Reply to
notImpressed