Lumber gloat

Went to a proverbial auction of a "hobby woodworker" and tinkerer last weekend. The guy had been a Boeing machinist and mechanic at the paper over the last 1/2 century. The auction said "woodworking" equipment and supplies. The guy had commericial quanities of all kinds of abrasives, and hardware - just an amazing amount. But the best of all was 14 stacks of oak, walnut,each with ~ 100-150 bd ft. That he cut, dried, and surfaced (on his 36" 3 phase planer - the thing was a monster). One stack of oak had 3 pieces 30" wide x 11 ft. long. I had never seen anything near as wide before. I got 2 stack of walnut most of the wood was 9 - 13" wide and 9 - 11 ft long for 1.75 a bd. ft. :) :) I also got 4 pices of oak 10-16" x 9 ft for a total of $25. I picked up some clamps and a chest of drawers that "didn't look that big in his shop" but that turned out to be a 8ft long cabinet with 24 drawers. After a week I'm still rearranging the garage to get the cabinet in. Needless to say I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY excited about the lumber.
Thanks - I knew y'all would want to hear about this. +Sorry, but no thanks -- even though the lumber was retail and perfect - I think I'll keep it anyway. :)
On 4/7/2012 7:40 AM, notImpressed wrote:

Was wondering from whence that sucking sound was coming!
You suck, Dude!
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 4/7/2012 8:40 AM, notImpressed wrote:

Very nice grab!
Sonny *Next time, at prices and items as that, call a relative to bring you some cash, fast.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

I used to garage sale on my bike. One of the keys to doing that is the question, "Will you hold this for me until I can pick it up?"
I'm sure it'll work with cash, especially if you make your interest known by buying something.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 4/7/2012 7:40 AM, notImpressed wrote:

Oh dude, you SUCK. BAD. I hate you. :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

You suck. But your post made me think about what my post-croak auction sale might look like.
Pretty meager overall.
-Zz