Lubing my table saw gears

Well i started to get a little grinding noise last weekend from the height adjustment on my TS. I have a grizzly 1023, FYI. So i decided to tear the saw all apart today. Got the gears all clean and moving nicely. It looks like what ever was there, just dried up and got hard.

What should i use to relube the gears now?

I was thinking paste wax, but was not sure if that would hold up. I am just a weekend warroir and use the saw only on the weekends. Also i am in central TX and it does get hot in my shop in the summer. Very easily could hit 100 degrees.

thanks in advance, eric

Reply to
Eric

I use a roller chain aerosol spray lube.

It is graphite based and available from any bearing supply house or even W W Grainger.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I use hi-temp wheel bearing grease because that is what is in my grease gun. Seems to work fine and doesn't hold a lot of dust or shavings.

Reply to
RayV

I like something that dries, so no dust sticks.

My favorites are Boeshield and White Lightning. WL is a wax based chain lube sold by bicycle shops.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I have used Boeshield, and TopCote, and Triflon.

Reply to
Leon

Coupla years ago, somebody posted a formula here using graphite in either beeswax or paste wax, I can't recall. Do a Google Groups search and you might turn it up.

Reply to
Doug Miller

bar and chain oil works well here

Reply to
beecrofter

In General Motors prototype shops we use Johnson's Paste Wax on all wood machinery lead screws, ways, worm gears, surface plates, etc. Does not hold dirt and wood dust like oil and grease, does not drip off to create a slip-and-fall hazard either. Paraffin wax on saw, router and shaper tables.

Reply to
RM MS