lube 4 wet sanding shellac?

I'm running out of paper. I need an idea for wet sanding shellac. I have an orange peel to smooth and it's taking so long. I can't find mineral oil, I don't remember where I got the last bottle and HD has none. All the WW shops are closed down in South Jersey. Oh, a tip for those waiting on K body close outs. Stop waiting, ask the dept mgr for a discount that matched the tradesman % and they can do it. They aren't dumping the kbody line. Thanks very much
On 26 Feb 2004 18:52:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BErney1014) wrote:

Mineral sprirts, kerosene, or paint thinner has worked for me.
Barry
Try the local drugstore for mineral oil if you don't need a large quantity.
(BErney1014) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BErney1014) wrote:

Can't tell what lub is the best (I use mineral spirits, have no idea if it is the best) but I got mineral oil at a pharmacy. They always seem to have it.
Note that the more you have to remove, the less lubricity you want.
Leveling favors mineral spirits, polishing, light oil - vegetable ok. Mineral oil really slows things down, even the light stuff.
(BErney1014) wrote:

You can pretty much always find mineral oil at a drug store, but it may be expensive compared to the gallon sizes at the BORG
John
On 26 Feb 2004 18:52:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BErney1014) wrote:

BErney1014 wrote:

Baby oil is scented mineral oil. I'd think you should be able to find some of that even in South Jersey. ;-)
Nova responds:

A quick check of drugstores should do it, even unto the unscented versions.
Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.
brought forth from the murky depths:

You callous heel, you, Yack.
--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! || http://diversify.com
Boycott Baby Oil! || Programmed Websites

an
shops
dept
aren't
You can get mineral oil at a good pharmacy (usually CVS is a good bet). They don't sell it at home centers or hardware stores. I know what you mean about the woodworking stores in South Jersey, but they wouldn't have it anyway. Did you know they opened a new Woodcraft in New Castle, Delaware? I don't usually buy from them but it is within driving distance.
--
Cheers,
Howard

Yes, I've passed by a few times but have not had the money to stop in. I never walk out of a WWstore without lightening my wallet. I'll hit a drug store for mineral oil, we have one on every corner here, and banks.
I used paste wax, but I wasn't dealing with orange peel.
Rob
--

******PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS******

snipped-for-privacy@telus.net
On 26 Feb 2004 18:52:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BErney1014) brought forth from the murky depths:

Walgreen, WalMart, K-mart, Rexall, Mom'n'Pop hardware, or whatever pharmacy you have locally should all carry mineral oil. OR Use a cabinet scraper and have it done in minutes without even building up a sweat. Here's one trusted source: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?&page2670&category=1,310,41069
And before you lay on that next coat, remember to pour the shellac through a fine painter's filter, use a clean (or new) brush (or pad), blow off (yourself) and tack-off the project, and don't stir up dust in the area when you're doing it (since it's obviously not a spray booth).
.-. Life is short. Eat dessert first! --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
I used mineral oil because I could sand longer. It was very thin, not a problem, wish I'd saved the bottle. I can't scrape it smooth because the piece is a table base with turned legs. Baby oil = mineral oil, never knew that, add it to odorless spirits, sand in the living room while I watch TV, wife will love the new air freshener. ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BErney1014) wrote in message

Try using a card scraper. It will remove it much quicker and you'll have very fine control over the amount removed.