LRod, everything OK?

I saw some news footage of a well-known, storm-damaged, flight school near you, and my Mom called me about the weather.

Hope everything is OK!

Reply to
B A R R Y

B A R R Y wrote: > I saw some news footage of a well-known, storm-damaged, flight school > near you, and my Mom called me about the weather. >

A question for Barry.

Based on your sig, you by chance a split tailed doctor killer pilot?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

aka - forked tailed doctor killer

Reply to
Joe Bemier

Straight-tailed, ATC-clogging, bugsmasher, Spam can pilot.

Like this:

A BE23 type is a Sundowner / Musketeer / Sport / Sierra (B19, A23, C23, A24, C24). They look like a Piper Cherokee with an extra door, more room, and a few less knots. The Bo's and Debonairs are usually type BE33 and BE36, so you had a great guess! We do get the occasional "Why is your Bonanza going so slow?" from controllers who have us typed into the system as a 33.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Things are fine for me. I live about seven or eight miles north of DAB (actually, just a mile south of OMN) and ERAU and didn't even know anything was going on until I went out and got the morning paper next day. We had some heavy rain for a spell, one flash of lightning, but nothing out of the ordinary for wind. Ah, well, that's the nature of tornadoes (26 year veteran of the Illinois variety).

I wonder if the insurance companies are going to want to raise rates again once they discover that there are more tornadoes in Florida than hurricanes.

And while I'm pontificating, I've done no small amount of snickering at the hand wringing prognisticators who, after the 100 year misadventures of 2004 and 2005, had predicted another "active" hurricane season with several making landfall on the U.S. I was only

10 or 12 years old and living in South Florida when I figured out hurricanes don't hit every year and you can't predict what they're going to do in any event.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Reply to
LRod