Lowes vs. HD....

I'd say it will cost you at least 10% more to shop there.

Reply to
Bill

As I recall the wood at HD comes from Chile and is cut metric size.

e.g. getting 1/2" ply isn't 1/2". Buy a metric/imperial datao set.

Mart>>>> Reputable home building contractors rarely buy their lumber from Home

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

If it comes from ANYWHERE other than the USA it is metric size -

Reply to
clare

Not necessarily and depends upon where you live:

Swingman

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

My experience is that the quality in both is quite variable and also quite dependant on location. Some are very good, some aren't worth trying.

It's nice to have options. Many don't.

Reply to
krw

It's not that simple. 12mm ply isn't 12mm, either. Sheet goods thicknesses vary all over the place. Adjust the design to the particular sheet.

Reply to
krw

+1
Reply to
Dave

IKWYABWAI is about your speed.

Who cares where you live, or are you suggesting that everywhere on the planet has as many lumber yards as your hell hole? You prove you're an idiot with every post. Amazing.

You really are an idiot.

Reply to
krw

I filter this fool on one group - and I get him on the next one!!!!!

Reply to
clare

Incompetence is transferable, obviously.

Reply to
krw

Maybe, but you shouldn't be at all surprised how easily you attract profane comments.

Give and you shall get. Seems like you thrive on what you reap.

Reply to
Dave