Lowes RANT!

Page 2 of 3

I'm proud of you. I've only been asked to leave and never come back at one store. You got me beat.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

I am sorry, but I just can't even imagine how big of a dick someone would have to be to be asked to leave a Home Depot or Lowes, let alone three.
Dave Hall

And be proud of it.
scott
I'm curious too.
How does one get thrown out of a lowes?

Lou wrote:

After you got thrown out of the first one (and was glad), why did you go to two other ones? Is this your idea of entertainment, annoying store employees to the point that they ask you to leave? It's not the fault of the people working on the floor that the store is stocked the way it is, that decision is made by management way above them. They are just trying to earn a living, and there's no excuse to be a jerk to them.
Mark Blum wrote:
> Same for my local dealer, who stocks the lower grade. Kind of annoying > to have a football-shaped patch on the "good" side. Nobody else > anywhere nearby stocks it at all.
For those of you looking for B/B inventory at reasonable prices, have you tried to find a plywood distributor.
Here in SoCal, have at least 3-4 to choose from.
AT least one of them is on line and will ship.
Last time I was there, they were sending a shipment of something to New Zealand.
I don't waste time with lumber yards, DIY centers, etc.
Lew

only sell to the trade. I suppose I could pretend I have a woodworking business, but I haven't wanted to hassle with it. Someday when I have a real need for the top quality Baltic Birch or some other specialty plywood I'll give it a try.
Mark Blum wrote:
> We have one plywood distributor nearby (South Jersey), but they will > only sell to the trade.
CASH works wonders in situations like that.
South Jersey tells me you are metro Philly.
Got to be lots of fish in that pond who will do business.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

When got serious about woodworking, I was shocked at the number of good hardwood, plywood, and finishing sources we have here in CT.
Ask at local tool stores, call local cabinet shops, etc.. My early leads came from Woodworkers Warehouse employees. Ask the store employees where they buy their wood.
Don't expect the dealers to be slickly merchandised stores in a strip mall. The places you want will often be located in industrial areas, sometimes "across the tracks". <G> Some cabinet and millwork shops will even sell stock and supplies. If you sound like a "time hole", you'll probably get blown off. Know what you want or be willing to accept suggestions, and you may develop a very helpful and convenient relationship.
Be aware that credit cards may not be accepted outside of the DIY / retail channel. Plan on cash or a check. Green cash can result in discounts. Lots of places who sell to "the trade" WILL deal with you under the right circumstances.
It all comes full circle baby. With aholes like the guys that get tossed out of big box hardware stores can you blame the wholesale guys for not wanting to sell to the public?
B A R R Y wrote:

Well, the size of my dick has nothing to do with it, but thanks for thinking with yours. When your used to dealing with inteligent people for materials and you venture into a Lowes. You end up talking to the hired help and can't help thinking that there are plenty of people who are actually good at job but are unemployed, and then you have Lowes. They must have to fail an IQ test just to get on the payroll. I have yet to meet less inteligent then the people who work there unless you consider the people who think its a great store. Good luck with that dick thing. Lou
On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 16:46:21 -0800, Lou wrote:

<plonk>
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

If your[sic] looking too see less inteligent[sic] then[sic] the people who work at Lowes, there's one place to check -- its[sic] a mirror.

.If your[sic] looking too see less inteligent[sic] then[sic] the people

I'm sorry to hear that your mirror has this problem. Lou

Who permitted a 3 y/o to post here? Grow up or tell your mommy to take the computer away from you.

Wow, So you really think that a 3 year old can match you thought for thought. I feel sorry for your family. Lou

I must say. That cut me to the quick. I'd at least have thought you'd be grateful that I sunk to your level to respond. It must get awful lonely all the way down there.
I think I just have.
Lou wrote:

I am pretty sure that I did not say that someone who gets tossed out of a Lowes or Home Depot has a dick - I believe I said that they WERE a dick - dick.
Dave Hall
Wow Dave, Again with the childish crap. It's no wonder that you always ask for help with a project rather than give good advice. Lou