Lowes RANT!

Where's the rant?

Reply to
lwasserm

I think you have too high expectations of Lowes & HD and for that matter, most hardware stores also. A biscuit cutter is not a very common tool, compared to say a circular saw or drill, and the replacement blades would be a low volume item for any retail store. I know of a few tool dealers in my area that probably stock a replacement blade for biscuit joiners (Ooops, _almost_ put that 't' in there!) but honestly, If I needed to replace mine, my first thought would be mail order.

Reply to
lwasserm

What's more annoying is being totally baffled as to which side is supposed to the BE the good side.

Reply to
B A R R Y

It's another big-box home improvement chain, but not national. They're in the upper-Midwest only, with the largest concentrations of stores in the Chicago, Minneapolis, and Indianapolis regions.

Doug Miller

George - sit down and be quiet. Don't you know it's fashionable to rag on Home Depot and Lowes? It gives one a certain... oh, shall we say, a "lofty feeling".

Reply to
Mike Marlow

When got serious about woodworking, I was shocked at the number of good hardwood, plywood, and finishing sources we have here in CT.

Ask at local tool stores, call local cabinet shops, etc.. My early leads came from Woodworkers Warehouse employees. Ask the store employees where they buy their wood.

Don't expect the dealers to be slickly merchandised stores in a strip mall. The places you want will often be located in industrial areas, sometimes "across the tracks". Some cabinet and millwork shops will even sell stock and supplies. If you sound like a "time hole", you'll probably get blown off. Know what you want or be willing to accept suggestions, and you may develop a very helpful and convenient relationship.

Be aware that credit cards may not be accepted outside of the DIY / retail channel. Plan on cash or a check. Green cash can result in discounts. Lots of places who sell to "the trade" WILL deal with you under the right circumstances.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I am sorry, but I just can't even imagine how big of a dick someone would have to be to be asked to leave a Home Depot or Lowes, let alone three.

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall

I'm curious too.

How does one get thrown out of a lowes?

Reply to
Stephen M

I'm not sure I'd classify them as big-box, unless they've changed considerably in the last 10 years or so. More like Orchard Supply Hardware in the SF bay area; big hardware stores with lumber yards, usually outdoors.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

And be proud of it.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

After you got thrown out of the first one (and was glad), why did you go to two other ones? Is this your idea of entertainment, annoying store employees to the point that they ask you to leave? It's not the fault of the people working on the floor that the store is stocked the way it is, that decision is made by management way above them. They are just trying to earn a living, and there's no excuse to be a jerk to them.

Reply to
bf

Well, the size of my dick has nothing to do with it, but thanks for thinking with yours. When your used to dealing with inteligent people for materials and you venture into a Lowes. You end up talking to the hired help and can't help thinking that there are plenty of people who are actually good at job but are unemployed, and then you have Lowes. They must have to fail an IQ test just to get on the payroll. I have yet to meet less inteligent then the people who work there unless you consider the people who think its a great store. Good luck with that dick thing. Lou

Reply to
Lou

It all comes full circle baby. With aholes like the guys that get tossed out of big box hardware stores can you blame the wholesale guys for not wanting to sell to the public?

B A R R Y wrote:

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Reply to
J. Clarke

Nice sentence.

If your[sic] looking too see less inteligent[sic] then[sic] the people who work at Lowes, there's one place to check -- its[sic] a mirror.

Reply to
alexy

.If your[sic] looking too see less inteligent[sic] then[sic] the people

I'm sorry to hear that your mirror has this problem. Lou

Reply to
Lou

Who permitted a 3 y/o to post here? Grow up or tell your mommy to take the computer away from you.

Reply to
Mike M

Reply to
M Berger

Reply to
M Berger

Wow, So you really think that a 3 year old can match you thought for thought. I feel sorry for your family. Lou

Reply to
Lou