Lowes is getting rid of Bessey Clamps

I was at the big blue box this past weekend. I had bought two 50" Bessey p arallel clamps "on sale" for $24 each. . . best price I had ever seen for t hese bad boys! They only had 2 so I gave them a good home. Stopped by a d ifferent location only to find out they sold out all their Bessies - the 50 " went for $12.47 each - the 24" were under 8 bucks! They will no longer b e carrying them and when I asked the sales guy - he said "Some guy came in - saw the prices - and bought every one we had. I guess he had a big proje ct going on." I just shook my head and wished that guy had been me. LOL! Oh well - you may want to check the location close to you. They're discont inuing and going with Irwin only.
On 6/11/2014 2:48 PM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:

and seems to have discontinued the larger Irwin clamps. (they still have the Quick-Grips)
On 6/11/2014 2:48 PM, Jimmy McNamara wrote:

My lowes had nothing on the revos... all gone. But our prices were different... based on the clearance stickers still left. most of the Bessies were gone, only these F type clamps with the split head. For 5 and change I bought one. Thought it might be handy...
--
Jeff

I used to like Irwin, but the last time I bought some Irwin Bar clamps two of them wouldn't lock up.
Bar clamps are like ropes, fish hook, and screw drivers. You just can't have to many.

AFAIK, Irwin has excellent customer service. I've never had an issue with their clamps and have a bunch of 'em. I wouldn't have them as my only bar clamps but I wouldn't be without them, either.

That's a fact.