Lowes gift card

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 15:28:05 GMT, Chris Merrill

Agreed! It's basic Accounting 101.

In these days of computerized accounting, I wouldn't exactly call it a NIGHTMARE. It's not like Ebenzer Scrooge has to manually tally and record the totals. <G>
Heck, any small biz that uses Quick Books or Peachtree can easily carry gift certificate balances. I'm sure the systems the BORGS or *-Marts have in place deal with it quite easily.
In the meantime, the merchants can at least earn money market rates on the balances.