Lowes Delta Clearance

Page 1 of 2
Lowes appears to be clearing out their Delta stuff. I picked up a Delta 13" 2-speed planer (22-580) for $190 (regular $447)! It was the floor model, no more left. Manager said they were expecting more to come in, but I didn't want to chance it. Had other Delta on tools on clearance, at about half price.
Anyone know where I can get a manual for the planer?
Gloatfully yours, Steve

Make sure you get a spare set of blades if they are discontinuing Delta stuff. They have the best price on the blades, about $12 less than another Wood named store that carries them. Ed
!!GLOAT!! Sorry to piggyback on Edwins post but I couldn't see steve's original. I just got the last one in the store for $114.50 !!
jim bailey

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:15:13 -0400, Steve wrote:

When were you there? I was at my 'local' Lowes on Saturday, and didn't see any Delta specials (I've been considering getting the same planer). If they've implemented specials since Saturday, then it's probably worth my while to drive down there. It is about 30 minutes though, so I'd rather not make the trip if this 'clearance' has been going on for some time now.
Thanks for the info Chad

Monday evening, happened to stop in some screws. Was told sale started Sunday. The tool dept would probably let you know by phone. Steve

Thanks. I think I'll have to stop in there tonight and hope there's something left!
Chad
The downtown Richmond, VA is also having the clearance. Good deals on a couple of their lower end contractor's saws. I think their normal priced $400 saw was going for a little over $200. Their 2 speed planer was around $200 as well. I picked up their lower end hollow chicel mortiser for $129. Not a bad deal, normally goes for around $200.
Eric

Most - but not all of the Delta stuff here was on clearance too. Looks like the older models are targeted. The new triangle-shaped air cleaner was not. Nor was the 4" belt/disc sander combo.
The MM300 (?model number?) mortiser was $99.

Correction - $129 here.
I went to Blue Borg at lunch today. Just got back. I looked but didn't see any great Delta bargains. I only saw the typical mix of returned merchandise of various brands, (mostly those well used tools people "rent" from Lowes by returning them for a refund after they've used them for the project they were working on).
I did buy 3 sheets of 3/4 maple ply for $25 each. Each had a little damage but at least 95% first quality.
Gary
Where are you at ??? We never see the maple ply in the Carolina's...
Gary wrote:

Each had a little damage > but at least 95% first quality.

Oooops, I forgot to tell you, I'm in Charlottesville, Virginia.

see
damage
snipped-for-privacy@pla-net.net (Steve) wrote in message

Steve,
Just call the Delta customer service number (1-800-223-7278) and tell them you bought a display unit and it was missing the spare knife set, wrench, blade tool, manual, etc. They will send them to you free of charge. I bought a display TP400LS planer a few weeks ago for $150 (missing all extra's, and also the handle screws), and they sent everything except the stand, which comes with that model. They said the stand was the store's responsibility, maybe because it's boxed seperately...my guess. I got the parts shipped to my door about 4 days later. Actually, she forgot to include the manual, but I guess I'll just download it. Anyway, it's definately worth making the call...the spare knife set alone is a $30 item.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Tom M.) wrote in message

I think this is one of those deals where it depends on the customer rep you get. I just called Delta customer support and they said they would sell me the missing parts on a display unit, but they would not provide them for free.
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Bob Davis) wrote in message

Hmm...that's a bummer. I guess if that happens you could tell the rep "never mind", and then try calling later or another day in the hope that you get a different (nicer) rep.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Tom M.) wrote in message

Thanks Tom. The first rep I talked to in 'Parts' told me that they don't give you missing parts for display models - but she'll sell them to me. The second rep in 'Customer Service' said the same, but then felt sorry for me and agreed to send me a free knife changing wrench. I was tempted to try for the magnetic knife holder too but didn't want to press my luck. BTW, I don't think the 22-580 comes with spare knives. Steve

Mine didn't.
Jim www.woodblog.com

When I got mine (Summer 2002), it came with nothing extra. And I paid $400 for it!
I had to order the dust collector attachment gizmo.
Later, they came with the dust collector and a spare set of knives (IIRC).
I need to tune it up; the carriage is not exactly parallel to the table, so boards that go through on the left side come out a little thinner than boards that go through on the right. I cut a bunch of half lap joints; the test pieces were perfect, the work pieces were off by up to .010".
If you don't have a planer, I'd get this one, at this price. Sure, the DeWalt 735 is newer, and not as tall, and has a third knife (and a third speed?) But it's twice the money!

Chris
--
Change 'there' to 'woh' to reply via email

wrote:> Later, they came with the dust collector and a spare set of knives

The dust collector nozzle is still an extra cost purchase. I just bought the planer and had to go buy the nozzle.. I've always heard how much of a mess a planer can make. I guess I'll never know. This collector nozzle works so well I don't even have to sweep after using the planer.
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@pla-net.net (Steve) wrote in message

Thanks for the heads up, Steve. For those who live in the Houston-Galveston, Texas area, if you hussle you can get one of the Delta 22-580 planers before they are gone. There are about 20 Lowe's stores serving the Metropolis area. Here is what I found:
Several stores have floor models and are willing to sell them for $200. A few stores have 1 or 2 scheduled for delivery in the next 3-7 days. They are on sale for $229. The BAYBROOK MALL store had EIGHT new *in stock* as of 8 a.m. this morning - sale prices $229. The Tool World manager there will accept a credit card purchase over the phone and hold the item in Pick-Up-Later area for you. I am in Phoenix, Arizona on business but was able to purchase by phone and my son picked it up this afternoon.
When you call, be patient - it takes a while to get through. Ask for Tool World and specify Lowe's Item 91795 on sale for $229. Lowe's opens at 7 a.m.
The early bird gets the worm!
Bob