Lower cost drill bushings?

I've been needing some drill bushings for shop made jigs and see that the ones from LV are close to $2.70 each and the inserts ar $2.35 each. Seems expensive to me but what do I know. Anyone know off-hand if this is a reasonable price? Anyone got a better source? I'm planning to buy a handful in a bunch of sizes - and I'm also curious about getting some that are in "odd" diameters like 7 and 11 64ths. Thanks much.
On 4/11/2010 4:44 PM, Mark Whittingham wrote:

The LV prices seem reasonable. If you need to pinch pennies, you might consider spending for a 1/2-20 tap and threading the bushings into an aluminium plate or bar incorporated into your jig, instead of buying the inserts.
For odd sizes, you (or a machine shop) can bore the holes into steel rod segments to be glued into your jig.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

All good suggestions, all a lot of work. Compared to the time involved, the LV bushings are a bargain...and relatively precise.
On 4/12/2010 6:05 AM Robatoy spake thus:

All the more so since bushings should be considered consumables, not tools, if they're used much. They don't last forever.
Robatoy wrote:

--------------------------------------- When you consider that these bushings are case hardened, then ground to size, the price is a deal.
Case hardening steel is a tad more expensive than 1018CR or 1020HR, hardening and grinding add additional costs and these pieces and they are not particularly high volume items.
All things that add to the cost.
Lew

Type drill bushing into Google. I got 29000 hits.

I am not familiar with the LV system. I am more into metal working. Machine tool suppliers[such as MSC and others] stock drill bushings in all number, letter, and most small[less than 1"] drill sizes. Probably in metric now. These might work for your odd sizes.
Chuck P.

Type "drill bushing" into Google. There are thousnds of places that sell them.
On 4/13/2010 7:51 AM CW spake thus:

Yes, I think we all know by now that there's this big old thing called Google that you can ask questions of. But out of the 241,000 results (I just did the search), how many are actually useful? How many are sites where you can actually *buy* a small quantity of drill bushings, and not some industrial cyber-squatter page from China or Taiwan or Korea? Of the manufacturers of drill bushings, which ones are better, or cheaper, or offer a discount?
Not helpful.
By the way, if you use "drill bushing" (with the quotation marks), you narrow the results to 104,000. Often better to be more specific with a search engine.

And some of us know how to use it. Try "drill bushings for sale".
On 4/13/2010 4:08 PM, CW wrote:

Or "drill bushing"+"$"
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I was hoping maybe someone had already found a cheaper source and I could save myself some legwork. If I find a better source/price I'll post back. Thanks for the replies.
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:56:18 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Mark

I recommend that you always doublecheck people's prices. You might find one half the price just by looking, Mark. I _usually_ do, or I find a smaller quantity close to me and save on shipping.
Google "drill bushing price" for actual price quotes in the google returns. It can save time, too.
-- Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. -- John Muir