low-clearance drill needed

I just finished a TV cabinet for a client. Now she wants glass doors added.
I have the doors and associated hardware on order. The hinges will mount in plastic pivots that sit in holes drilled into the face frame. The holes will need to be VERY close to the corner of the opening. I wish I could have drilled these before final assembly and painting. Oh, well....
Can anyone recommend a tool for drilling holes very close to a perpendicular surface?

What about a flex shaft like this? http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?pageI75&filter=flex%20drill It looks like it's primarily for driving screws, but I imagine if you had a hex shank drill bit, and kept it fairly slow, you could drill up very close to another surface. Good luck, Andy

Great suggestion! I'll go to Rockler tomorrow.
At $7, I can't go wrong. I spend all day using my drill, so I'm sure I'll find lots of other uses.
Thanks, Steve

Eggbeater drill.
How about chucking the drill bit in an old fasioned Yankee push-style screwdriver??

: I just finished a TV cabinet for a client. Now she wants glass doors : added.
: I have the doors and associated hardware on order. The hinges will mount : in plastic pivots that sit in holes drilled into the face frame. The holes : will need to be VERY close to the corner of the opening. I wish I could : have drilled these before final assembly and painting. Oh, well....
: Can anyone recommend a tool for drilling holes very close to a : perpendicular surface?
Yes. It's called a push drill, and works great for exactly this application. Used to be a common tool -- you might dig one up in an antiques mall, or from an oldtools dealer. I think either Lee valley or Woodcraft had a new one recently but I'm not positive.
    -- Andy barss
Steve wrote:

with several possibilities. Here's one: http://www.vermontamerican.com/Products/productdetail.htm?G 0983&GRP0983&Ip704
    mahalo,     jo4hn
66.250.146.128:

I knew there had to be some tool out there, but I was at a loss. Thanks to everyone who helped.
I'm gonna go with the flex extension for my drill. I found some good-quality ones at the stores, and I'll pick one of those. It will even be handy for other jobs.
I posted a picture of the cabinet in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, but the glass doors aren't on yet. They're on order, and installation will have to wait awhile. I just had rotator cuff surgery, and therapy doesn't even start for another week.

A first class adaptor: http://www.absolutehome.com/web/catalog/product_detail.aspx?pidh246 With a driver-shank drill bit, that tool has made mt life a lot easier. I also have a proper angle drill, but this little tool is a lot cheaper.