Love (not) Google

I have always used the free access to groups via Google groups. I don't know any other so if it is bad I don't realize it. It is a pain sometimes though.
1. It only remembers me for a week or two, then I have to re-log and redo all my settings. 2. Lately all links started jumping to some page that said "Redirecting blah blah" then the page would show up after a few seconds. Now all links go to an error page and every link is shown with www.google.com appended to the beginig of the link. I guess all valid links should start with Google. Do no harm. Uh-hu.
P.S. hard to type today with index on right hand having a sanded tip from edge sander and index on left having brad point bit drilled into finger print... oops.

Solution to all of the problems: download a free news client (there are many), then sign up for a free account at eternal-september.org.
On 1/25/10 2:51 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Except for the aggressive sanding and drilling he did on his hands. ;-)
--
Froz...

Yeah, missed that one. Sorry.
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:18:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Perhaps we could suggest he abandon the overly aggressive tailed tools and take up the hand plane and scraper along with the brace and bow drill?

What is your browser? Have you upgraded or made any changes recently? Is it set to purge cookies or history after a set period of time? Behavior(s) #1 sound like problems I've run into with Firefox. I cured it by whitelisting the cookies for google and some other sites. I just recently had a bunch of stuff break when I upgraded from 3.5.whatever to 3.6. I had to either re-install or download upgrades for the add-ons; a real pita. Problem #2 sounds familiar too. I think it may be a setting in your browser, but without knowing what it is, cannot confuse matters more...

It's been a while since I hurt myself (and saying that just started a curse...). I can remember usung my belt sander on a small, thin piece of wood using a coarse belt. The belt grabbed the piece of wood and spit it across the shop. Before I could pull back, I had pressed my hand into the belt: it grabbed three of my fingers and spun the skin around the bone, sanding them on two sides. Hard to explain how you managed to sand *between* your fingers!
Yes, the edge sander always reminds me it can be aggressive when I haven't used it in a while and yes, in both cases I was working on some tiny parts and didn't have much of a good strategy for keeping safe. Another reminder to be ever vigilant in regards to safety. Both were predictable.

Yes, the edge sander always reminds me it can be aggressive when I haven't used it in a while and yes, in both cases I was working on some tiny parts and didn't have much of a good strategy for keeping safe. Another reminder to be ever vigilant in regards to safety. Both were predictable.

My right index finger is 1/8 th inch shorter due to having it sucked into a disk sander in high school woodshop. Too much clearance between disk and table. Lesson learned. WW

OUCH!
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:09:24 -0700, the infamous "WW"

Wow, it's real? School shop tools actually do suck, _physically_? Will wonders never cease?
--
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado

...hehehe, and I learned all about garage door hardware yesterday when one came down on me (me the dummy temping the main bracket up with 1 1/2" lags meaning to change 'em out for the long ones only to forget)...lucky only half gave way!
cg