"Love For Sale"

Yes it's a great old Cole Porter tune (check out the Billie Holiday version - ya won't regret it) but, in the regard of wooddorking it can only mean that tools are being disposed of.

Some dude drove all the way down from Connecticut yesterday to buy my Delta Line Borer. I guess I priced that thing too low.

I've been listing the tools for sale, one at a time, on Woodweb. I guess because I'm more of a "death by a thousand cuts' fan, than a "why don't I rip my heart out all at once" sorta fella.

Now I face a tossup between selling the Grizz 8" jointer (with the spiffy HTC mobile base), or the Delta 14" Bandsaur ( with riser block and it's own spiffy HTC mobile base), or the Jet 1236 Lathe (this one has a Jet mobile base - so it's color coordinated).

Sophie's Choice?

Nah. Just part of my continuing migration to the Elysian Fields of NeanderBubbaism.

Ya'll have an opportunity to grab this good stuff before it hits the hongry maw of Woodweb.

But ya don't have long.

Till 'bout Wednesday, I figger.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

O.K, Tommy boy, I'll bite. One cheap-skate to another . . . how much for the Grizz 8 incher? And don't give me that 'Stormy Weather' routine, either.

It should go well with my still-in-the-box 'portable' planer.

More importantly, what's the real reason for the 'disposable sale' ? When I hear the word 'migration' combined with 'retired', in these circumstances, I get the feeling that a relocation is in the near future. {'Bubba' Watson ?? - Nah !!}

Drop me a note, off-line. Sounds like we better get together for that delayed shooting & sailing time we've been talking about.

Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

SNIP>

Reply to
Ron Magen

$525.00, with the mobile base and an unused set of replacement knives. The manuals and other docs are included.

Pick up only.

You might be interested in some clamps, too. I haven't gotten that far along yet but I'll be getting rid of at least half of them.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Don't DO that! I've just gotten to the stage where I am in sore need for a clamp storage system. But first, I need a wood storage system. But before that, I need to finish moving into the shop.

Of course, the latter would be easier if I didn't have plywood and oak and cherry all around the shop, where I am also tripping over clamps.

Charlie Self "It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

Great! Now you tell us about the Delta 14" Bandsaur! Grandson is here today to help me finish assembling the G0555 Griz I picked up in Williamsport on Friday.(Including riser kit & Shop Fox mobile base)

'S alright though Tom. It's wonderful to be able to have a "brand new" toy along with all the used stuff.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Will you be selling the workbench? I suspect not. How about the table saw? I am just around the corner from you. Thanks

Reply to
Brikp

How about an one of your electric gluepots. bin up to the northlands of late twice to Charlotte [ever had crabcake eggs benedict] and once to Rockport mass. People really do talk funny up there ...regards from Dixie.....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Got an electric glue pot for sale for $80.00.

Heats up soup good in the shop, too.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Real stick-to-your-ribs fare, eh? Har har har. (sorry) jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Hey that must be some soup,brand new ones are $87.....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Yeah but this one comes with a can of Progresso Chicken Noodle.