Lotta New Names and Some of the Old Names

Jes' thought I would window shop and see what is new and or different here in the 'Wreck'. How's things for them that remember me? :-)

PS: anybody hear from Gerry Masgai recently?

Be Well All.

Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice

Dave Fleming

Thought you got shipwwrecked! LOL! How's Swimpal and Special K? Good to see you still around Dave. Just dropped in myself for the first time in a few months. Hope all is well on your dock. Still remember you? HA! You sig line tells it all. Highly recommended reading for all!

Take care and good holidays to ya.

Jim Mc Namara aka Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Dave Fleming asks;

Working on it. Hope you are doing fine. Haven't seen a thing from Gerry Masgai in a long time. I hope he's OK.

Charlie Self "Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance." Ambrose Bierce

Reply to
Charlie Self

Some are still here, still coping with losers and trolls, but all is generally well.

Jon E

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

'lo Dave. Hope all's well.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

:-))

Jon, just came across the evelope that you used to send me that tool stuff the other day! Ayup I confess....I am a packrat. Mea Culpia. Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice

Dave Fleming

Ayup, Davey - good to hear from you again. You're right - lots of new names, but some of us old ones are still plugging away through the trolls and the bullshit.

Life's pretty good for me - just retired from the RAF and I'm woodworking full time now. Just finishing off 4 casement windows for a farm up the way. Rutland is full of quaint old houses - many of them older than the US! - and when a window rots, the owners can't just dive into the nearest Magnet Southerns and buy a new one. New planning laws came in recently which stipulated that windows, where possible had to be replaced like for like, so it's a ticket for a bespoke window producer to print money. However, as I've found, it's a job that gets old quite quickly, and I wouldn't want to make too many more, however profitable.

Glad to get your new URL. Been a while since I visited Sag Harbour, so I'll re-read the Tales and see if you've come up with any new ones.

BTW - how come you colonials can spell "harbour" correctly in connection with Sag Harbour, but fall in with that d*****ad Webster and spell it "harbor" in most cases? Just a thought.....

And, no - haven't heard from Gerry in a long long time.

Lang may yer lum reek. Or so says I (to borrow a phrase!).

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:05:56 -0800, Dave Fleming brought forth from the murky depths:

Fine, old salt, 'cept for the humongous troll population here nowadays. How are you and Swimpal? Did you ever get the new pics up on the website?

Not in a coon's age.

David Fleming: You are fined $5 for not swearing. Be well!

P.S: Watch out for those 3 seashells.

(In case you're lost, "Be well!" was a key phrase in the Stallone/Snipes/Bullock movie "Demolition Man". You'll just have to watch the movie to find out about the shells. ;)

-- SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly! ----------

Poly-free Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

My Love of 49 years is doing just fine. Hell she better be fine, who else would put up with the likes of Rumsoaked Ol' moi?

Don't have that much room for too many pics...or that is the excuse I am using for not figuring out how to use you well written instructions, sigh. I have over 61 MB on Imagestation and the free web page amount from SBCGlobal is 10MB so there it is.

Damn we were supposed to go to the Anaheim Show together and he just never answered my emails inquiring on the particulars. Hmmm, last I recall he was designing their retirement home for Eastern WA. state.

Ah go Piss Up A Rope! Now where do I send my $5? :-))

If its got that stallone in it I won't watch it. Folla?

Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice

Dave Fleming

Them 'wellies' do come in handy now and then, eh?

Good for you!

So now that you are a gentleman of leisure money means nuttin' ??

Ah just one or two, been busy at other things.

Oh, I took "Liberties" with Amer'english and used the Brit spelling. Thought it added a bit to the title. AND by the way many thanks to our own Larry J. for setting it all up for me. I can cork a seam but damned if I can do that HTML stuff!

Again too bad hope all is well with him.

And says I, my Rum better not leak.

Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice

Dave Fleming

Someone bang the drum on the old sea wall?

Trust you'll stop in more often and perhaps pass on some words of wisdom and some constructive critiqueing for a few newer newbie than yours truly.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:05:56 -0800, Dave Fleming scribbled

Hey, Dave, welcome back. Please stick around for a while, will ya? We desperately need to raise the average level of intelligence displayed in the Wreck these days.

Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

As if we could or would forget you... Glad to see you dropping by! Tom (Maker of Fine sawdust and Thin shavings)

Reply to
Thomas Bunetta

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:00:35 -0800, Dave Fleming brought forth from the murky depths:

A pair of rum-soaked 25's? (Or have you given them up for Lent? If not, send JPGs)

Gotcha. Carry on.

Maybe he was spirited away by Indians!

Aye be gar! Better.

You still have my address, I trust? If not, for only 5 more dollars I'll forward it to you. ;)

Too macho for ya, eh?

-------------------------------------- PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience --------------------------------------------

- Web Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well ya lost me with that last one L.. LOL

Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice

Dave Fleming

Dave,

Been a long time since hearing from you. Sure missed it. Hopefully you will stick your head in a little more often.

As far as Gerald Masgai goes, I got an email from him April 10 of this year. Here is what he had to say when I asked why I hadn't seen him post in a long while -

"It's been several years! I still check in once in awhile just to see who is posting. The old hobby of making doors has turned into a full time endeavor.

I now manage the design division of the largest door manufacturing company on the west coast. The first project was to design a pair of doors 10 feet wide and fifteen feet tall, 3" thick and covered from top to bottom with beveled 1/4" plate glass mirrors. We had three different contractors working on the assembly which fit perfect the first time tried.

This year I hope to complete a computer aided design project to automate the design process. The program will enable our customers to pick parts from a menu and draw the plans for presentation, manufacturing and assembly. I hope to have a functional pilot up and running next month. (May 2003)

In another 8 months, I'm going to retire to our property up in Washington state where we are going to build our last home. The main reason I haven't been posting to the wreck is because I have been busy drafting the plans for our new home. I still have to complete the finish schedule and do a materials takeoff, then the plans will be ready to get a bid for labor. I'm going to purchase all of the materials from my company where I can get them at less than the Home Depot pays for their stock.

One of these days I am going to finish that article on how to build shutters. I think about it every time a new shutter project comes across my desk.

Take care of yourself, and thanks for thinking of me.

Jerry"

Hopefully hear from you soon,

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas

'Tis good to see yer voice again, Master Fleming, and hearken to one of the voices of the past, when Giants roamed the Wreck, and such poor shufflers as I, sat silent and waited on the wisdom of our betters.

'Tis a fearsome place this good Wreck has become. Full of vain and envious pursuits and given over to wandering n'er do wells and marauding Goths, both Visi and Ostro.

The Gifts of the Masgai have not been seen for low these many months, much to our loss.

It is my Good Hope that you will sit with us a goodly time and counsel with us.

...As I miss the sight of thy voice.

(welcome back)

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Ya know Tom, you might want to have your water tested, I'm not sure it's just water. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:53:07 -0500, Tom Watson brought forth from the murky depths:

- Web Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:21:21 -0800, Dave Fleming scribbled:

That's how bad it is.

Luigi Zanasi